Community discussions

MikroTik App

arrajput
just joined
Topic Author

Lost access to my Mikrotik , JAILED !

Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:58 pm

Hi Folks,

Accidentally, I disabled all my ethernet interfaces on my Mikrotik routerboard. It is an RB951G.

I cannot access it over WinBOX now as the interfaces are disabled. I cannot factory reset my router as it has some important configuration with respect to my network. Some old VPN configurations that I don't want to lose access to.

When I boot up the router, all ethernet interfaces are off. I have the Wireless interface now. I can connect to it from my windows laptop. I am using mac-telnet now. I get the wireless interface MAC addresss when using neighbor.exe(Windows mac-telnet client). It keeps saying "Connection timeout" when I use MAC-telnet

The wireless Network was not doing DHCP. I just connect to it, but I don't get an IP from it. There is no way I can get in via the IP perhaps.

My only option is to use the wireless MAC and telnet to it, but it times out.

Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

td32
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Lost access to my Mikrotik , JAILED !

Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:15 pm

What if you assign a static ip to your windows client?

arrajput
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:07 pm

The Mikrotik had a public IP and it wasn't doing any DHCP. It was working purely as a router.

Not sure how will that help ?

Thanks,

arrajput
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:09 pm

Is there a way to bring up the ethernet interfaces without having to reset the configuration ?

Kindis

Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:41 pm

I might be wrong but I think I have read somewhere that one interface of the router will work with winbox and connecting via MAC as long as you have a direct attached from pc to router even if interface is disabled. Might be wrong but worth a try. Test all interfaces if you haven't already.

Otherwise you can, as stated before, try to connect to the wireless and configure a IP for that connection yourself as long as you know what IP rage to configure.

ErfanDL

Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Hi Folks,

Accidentally, I disabled all my ethernet interfaces on my Mikrotik routerboard. It is an RB951G.

I cannot access it over WinBOX now as the interfaces are disabled. I cannot factory reset my router as it has some important configuration with respect to my network. Some old VPN configurations that I don't want to lose access to.

When I boot up the router, all ethernet interfaces are off. I have the Wireless interface now. I can connect to it from my windows laptop. I am using mac-telnet now. I get the wireless interface MAC addresss when using neighbor.exe(Windows mac-telnet client). It keeps saying "Connection timeout" when I use MAC-telnet

The wireless Network was not doing DHCP. I just connect to it, but I don't get an IP from it. There is no way I can get in via the IP perhaps.

My only option is to use the wireless MAC and telnet to it, but it times out.

Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
You can enable from serial port
(on board serial header connector with usb to ttl converter with tx and rx pins)

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

td32
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:24 am

The Mikrotik had a public IP and it wasn't doing any DHCP. It was working purely as a router.

Not sure how will that help ?

Thanks,
if the wireless interface is bridged with the rest of the ports then you can assign a static ip to your windows machine and try to connect, you will be on the same network even if you did not get a dhcp ip

arrajput
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:32 am

Thank you Folks,

I can't connect to using MAC :(. I am trying mactelnet and it tries and then connection timeouts. No firewalls, nothing !

Unfortunately, the IP address is shown as 0.0.0.0

I do have a USB port, but any nice guide to connect it over serial port would really help. I thought it is solely for powering it up (an alternate power source)

@ErfanDL, I am assuming you are referring to this ? https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12977 . I may need a raspberry pi too in that case.

ErfanDL

Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:26 am

Thank you Folks,

I can't connect to using MAC :(. I am trying mactelnet and it tries and then connection timeouts. No firewalls, nothing !

Unfortunately, the IP address is shown as 0.0.0.0

I do have a USB port, but any nice guide to connect it over serial port would really help. I thought it is solely for powering it up (an alternate power source)

@ErfanDL, I am assuming you are referring to this ? https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12977 . I may need a raspberry pi too in that case.
there is no need raspberrypi. just conenct the usb to ttl converter to your PC ! dont forget to install the driver
connect the USB to TTL RX pin to RouterBoard TX pin
connect the USB to TTL TX pin to RouterBoard RX pin
connect the USB to TTL GND pin to RouterBoard GND pin
then turn on routerboard and by putty access the serial with correct COM number ( you can see in windows device manager )
if not work, connect the USB to TTL 3.3v pin to RouterBoard 3.3v pin ( test with and without turning on routerboard )
22.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.