MikroTik App

rushlife
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

ip neighbor 6.41, interface, discover-interface-list

Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:37 am

Hi folks.
Since ROS 6.41 I was noticed some changes on IP NEIGHBOR.
Before upgrade my ROS, it can be changed every single interface for recieving/transmiting LLDP (l2 neigbor information).
Now I cannot figure out, how I can disable discovering on my "WAN" interfaces and public "WIFI" interfaces...
Can someone help me ?

thx thx thx

rushlife
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: ip neighbor 6.41, interface, discover-interface-list

Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:42 am

never mind forget it
I already figured out, it is under / interfaces - list :-)

Hope this will help someone :D

acruhl

Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:11 pm

Yeah, someone had to tell me this.

What I found is some interfaces in the list will work, some will not unless I use "all" (which includes the WAN interface which I don't want).

For whatever reason, my bonding1 interface doesn't do ip neighbor if I have it in the discover list. It only works when I use "all".

Seems buggy. Or I'm missing something.

jo2jo
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:10 pm

I was stumped at first too after 6.41 upgrade, until i found this thread. (perhaps a message in winbox or CLI pointing to new location/use of interface list , even if temporary, would be helpful).

For about a week or 2 i had to settle for Mac-telnet / neighbor info being broadcast on WAN / public interfaces (ROS update to new /ip nei discovery settings seems to reset to ALL interfaces (regardless of prior "old" discovery interface settings).

im supprised i missed this, as i always read the changelogs very closely , b4 any updates.

acruhl

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:32 pm

I'm replying to myself now.

Something must have been fixed between 6.41 and 6.41.2, but it's still not working exactly how I would expect. This could be my issue and not it's issue.

The interface list generally works how I expect it to (for discovery and mac-server), which was not the case with 6.41. But maybe LLDP is not implemented completely correctly...

For example, if I allow my vlan interface to be part of the neighbor discovery interface list (which is part of my internal LAN), I can do "show lldp neighbor" on my Juniper switch that the MikroTik is attached to and I see the MikroTik as an LLDP neighbor to the Juniper.

However, with this same setting, if I do "/ip neighbor list" on the MikroTik, I don't see the Juniper.

If I add my bonding interface, which is the parent interface of the vlan, I can see 2 Juniper neighbors in "/ip neighbor list" on the bonding interface even though it's 1 switch. This is not so unusual, this is how aggregated interfaces show up between Juniper and Cisco as well. However I only see 1 "bonding" entry and 1 "vlan" entry on the Juniper side. Still no vlan entry on the MIkroTik side. Weird.

This is minor. Maybe the vendors handle lldp identification slightly differently.

solelunauno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:42 pm

I noticed that there is a big error in "export compact file=XXXX" , in the "ip neighbor discovery-settings" field.
In order to not activate discovery only on a few interface, I create a list named "no-discovery" and i set ip neighbor discovery-settings to " discover-interface-list: !no-discovery ".
But the file exported, instead, contains:
/ip neighbor discovery-settings
set discover-interface-list=no-discovery
So, if I load this file as is on another device, I lose discovery capability just on the interfaces I wanted it working, and I have discovery on the interface to not discover.
Why this strange behavior?

ik3umt
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:21 pm

I noticed that there is a big error in "export compact file=XXXX" , in the "ip neighbor discovery-settings" field.
In order to not activate discovery only on a few interface, I create a list named "no-discovery" and i set ip neighbor discovery-settings to " discover-interface-list: !no-discovery ".
But the file exported, instead, contains:
set discover-interface-list=no-discovery
So, if I load this file as is on another device, I lose discovery capability just on the interfaces I wanted it working, and I have discovery on the interface to not discover.
Why this strange behavior?

Confirm , still in 6.44 :

/ip neighbor discovery set discover-interface-list=!NODISCOVER
/ip neighbor discovery export
set discover-interface-list=NODISCOVER