Community discussions

joshdime
just joined
Topic Author

Forwarding Traffic

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:13 pm

Hi there

I'm new to this and have been asked by a client to forward all traffic on their router to another address. I am currently connecting to their Mikrotik router via Winbox and am assuming I create a NAT rule on the firewall, I'm just not sure what details I should be putting in here. I have attached what I have got so far. Is this enough?

Many thanks
Josh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

airbanduk

Re: Forwarding Traffic

Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:09 pm

Can you please explain what you mean by forward to another address? Do you mean NAT (changing one address for another) or do you mean using a different gateway or forwarding path?

For the former you're in the right place, but you need to select a match condition and an action. The match will be what address you want to change from, and the action will be what you want to change it to. What you have at the moment is simply matching TCP traffic with a source address of 11.0.0.1 and a destination of 11.0.0.2, but on its own this won't do anything. If it's the latter, there are various techniques to use depending on the current topology. Tunneling is probably the easiest to set up.

If you can provide more info I can probably help a little better.

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Forwarding Traffic

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:02 am

I think the keyword you want is DMZ.

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/NAT_Tutorial