Community discussions

MikroTik App

zlobec
just joined
Topic Author

Help with creating a network (total noob here)

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:54 am

I just bought my first Mikrotik router... 951Ui-2nD and I have a task to create a bit of a sophisticated network (sophisticated for me of course). I did some networking with dd-wrt and the RouterOS is completely different and new to me.

I need to create a network, like in the attachment.
I have:
- 1 IP camera
- 1 USB LTE modem
- 1 laptop
- 1 phone

All three devices need to have access to the internet, which is provided by the LTE modem. Wlan interface has to have limited bandwidth to 50 kB/s. The IP camera has to be be accessed by DDNS from a cloud service, and it has to be accessed from the laptop for full download of data, that is stored on the camera SD card.

So far I managed to connect LTE modem to internet, the ethernet interface to access internet, but not the wlan interface. There must be sth wrong that I'm doing. I started from the default configuration, and wlan cant and won't connect to the internet.

Can somebody help me make this network from beginning. I will be using the webGui interface.
Thanks very much for the help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.