Community discussions

MikroTik App

gabbahey
just joined
Topic Author

Downgrade mikrotik

Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:16 pm

Boa tarde pessoal, sou iniciante em mikrotik e tenho uma pergunta de iniciante, estou com um caso em um cliente que preciso fazer um downgrade da versão 6.41.2 para a versão 6.39.3 para corrigir um problema com equipamentos de monitoramento viaweb (modulo ip), gostaria de saber se após o downgrade de versão eu devo fazer a downgrade da firmware também ?
Desculpem minha ignorância, mas é uma empresa de monitoramento 24h e minha preocupação e de ocorrer alguma coisa com a rb (750gr3).

Agradeço desde ja

Good afternoon guys, I'm a beginner in mikrotik and I have a beginner question, I'm having a case on a client that needs to downgrade from version 6.41.2 to version 6.39.3 to fix a problem with monitoring devices viaweb ), I wonder if after the version downgrade I should downgrade the firmware as well?
Sorry for my ignorance, but it is a monitoring company 24h and my concern and something to happen with rb (750gr3).

Thanks in advance

Steveocee
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Downgrade mikrotik

Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:19 pm

Simply changing from the RC channel to the bugfix channel will "safely" (as safe as it can be) do this for you. The firmware shouldn't need to be changed after this but you can check that once ROS has been rolled back.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:44 pm

In this particular case (downgrading below 6.41) you should also rebuild your switch/masterport config when you want switching (wirespeed) performance between ports 2-5.

null31
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:56 pm

Eu recomendo que você faça backup e exportação da configuração, e então utilize o netinstall para formatar e instalar a versão 6.39.3. Pois o downgrade via /system package certamente acabará em bootloop devido as diversas mudanças que ocorreram desde a major version 6.41.
Após instalar a 6.39.3, configure o roteador enquanto visualiza o arquivo de exportação, assim evitará problemas de importação devido a features que não estavam disponíveis na 6.39.3.

Edit: Sobre o firmware, não haveria necessidade de fazer downgrade, em teoria o mesmo não influenciará no funcionamento com uma versão do ROS não tão antiga.
-----
I recommend that you backup and export the configuration, and then use netinstall to format and install version 6.39.3. Because the downgrade via /system package will certainly end in bootloop because of the many changes that have occurred since major version 6.41.
After installing 6.39.3, configure the router while viewing the export file, thus avoiding import problems due to features that were not available in 6.39.3.

Edit: About the firmware, there would be no need to downgrade, in theory the same will not influence the operation with a version of ROS not so old.

gabbahey
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:43 pm

Obrigado a todos por em quanto.
Vou realizar os testes dentro de alguns dias e volto com os resultados.

Muito obrigado

Thanks to all for how much.
I will perform the tests in a few days and come back with the results.

Thank you very much

gabbahey
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:53 pm

Test performed successfully.
Thank you all

Teste realizado com sucesso.
Obrigado A todos