Community discussions

MikroTik App

7pan
just joined
Topic Author

having trouble this early bad sign

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:55 am

I am just starting with mikrotik and very simple setup, already not working correctly or i am missing something. I have two routers setup and I can ping everything except router 1 cannot ping the pc. the pc can ping both interfaces of the router, but not the other way.
diagram.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

skuykend
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: having trouble this early bad sign

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:46 pm

Maybe using NAT on router 2 or PC is Windows and not part of a domain. Default Windows firewall will block ping responses to other subnets.

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:50 pm

If you can ping from pc to both routers, then you should be ok: ping and response go in opposite directions. If PC is windows, it will by default block ping requests.

7pan
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:18 am

Thanks for the replys, I am the kind of person that cant go to sleep with something like that on my mind, so I was up late wiresharlk could see the ping leaving router 2, knew then it had to be the pc, discovered windows firewall didnt like the pings coming from a different subnet. By the time I had figured this out, my original post had not been approved by the moderator so I couldnt delete it it or reply solved.