Community discussions

Macme
Topic Author

Normal or strange behavior

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:44 am

I have question if someone can answer.
I have rb951 ui 2HnD. Inerface wlan is set to homeAP and it is workin ok. I have script to disable/enable wlan interface and that make some problem.
When I disable wlan in the quick set I can see change to PTP bridge CPE, then when I enable wlan in quick set comes mode WISP AP. In that mode no one can see wlan ssid of interface and mikrotik wlan is not usable. Why it changing the mode from home AP and not put back in mode it is before. So I can't use switch off/on wlan.
Any help, is it possible at all?
Thanks

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Normal or strange behavior

Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Not really, being a newbie as well, but what I have learned is that quickset is quicksand in that its a trap to avoid.
Learn to program the router without quickset.
The first axe to grind is the default route it setups up for dhcp client (to the ISP). It prevents one from understanding how routes work and what needs to be done.
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)

Macme
Topic Author

Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:46 pm

Thanks, I agree with you but I don't use quick set, I have manually set all but when something strange started then I have look what is going on and noticed on quickset that behavior, just. I don't use quick set.
At the same time when disabling wlan1 interface in ip address comes changes on adapter associated, was wlan1 then switched to eth2- I have dhcp on that address range.
Everything comes messed. But thanks for your remark.

Macme
Topic Author

Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:50 pm

And as I have noticed nobody have/had that issue.
Realy strange.

Macme
Topic Author

Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:14 am

No body?

erlinden
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:03 am

Can you post the script you are using?

Macme
Topic Author

Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:30 am

Think no need to post script. That issue is shown in default settings too. I think it something about RoS combined maybe hardware, I have made downgrade to 6.38 ros from 6.4.1 and the situation is little bit different (in better way), in the address list now stays the appropriate interface adapter. Much much better situation write now.
What is still strange for me that nobody had that issue, I have tested on two RB 951 and it was the same issue. For now it was a RoS version, till I found others.
Thanks for your replay "erlinden" , I will post it if I found something more.