Community discussions

XeMoPHOs
just joined
Topic Author

I have a problem

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:21 am

Hello, I am having problems connecting this software (https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/releases) to my phone. The software requires to get UDP packages via the 4242 port. Do i need to do something? And which ipv4 address do i use to type in my phones software- I have got 2 internet adapters(wifi, ethernet and they both are connected to the same network). I have the main router going in thr house and then there is the mikrotik mAP in my room to which is connected my pc and my phone.

solar77

Re: I have a problem

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:10 pm

you may have to forward UDP port 4242 on your home router to your Mikrotik, then forward this port on your Mikrotik, to LAN IP of your phone. it would be easier if you just stay on one connection, so the software knows what its IP is on and you know what IP you need forward to.
MTCNA MTCTCE UEWA

XeMoPHOs
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:27 am

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to work even if i connect my phone to my mikrotik and which settings i should use in the firewall settings and is there an option to make the interface more begginer friendly?
Thanks,
XeMoPHOs

erlinden
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:41 am

Port forwarding is not like rocket sience. If you experience difficulties in the firewall and GUI you might want to come to the conclusion that neither MikroTik nor your basic networking knowledge is sufficient.

solar77

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:31 pm

to be honest, if all you want is port forwarding, use a TP-link or Netgear, it takes 2 minutes and it will work.
if you wish to learn Mikrotik, go through WiKi and spend sometime. Post your config here and we can help. Unfortunately Mikrotik is not really beginner friendly
MTCNA MTCTCE UEWA