MikroTik App

Egidijus
just joined
Topic Author

2 external IP addresses

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:24 pm

Hello All,

I recently bought MikroTik RB951G-2hnd.
Upgrade Firmware: 6.42. Current Firmware: 6.42. I have the default settings of the Home AP.

The provider gives me 2 IP address: 77.xx.xx.10 and 77.xx.xx.60 linked to different MAC addresses.
77.xx.xx.10 via ether1 is hooked up to the router.
A 77.xx.xx.60 over ether2 I want to connect to a web server. How can this be done via MikroTik router?

I tried searching the Internet for an answer, but found no instructions for the new Firmware version. Please help set up.

Thanks in advance

solar77
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: 2 external IP addresses

Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:52 pm

I assume that you now have IP1 assigned to ether1 and IP2 assigned to ether2, based on the port MAC address?

then depending on what you want for your LAN,
1: if you want to have two separate network one for the web server only, then attached the server on one port and create DHCP server on this port, create port forwarding for web server. then create bridge for the rest of the LAN port, create DHCP server on this LAN bridge. the two subnets can still access each other .
2, if you wish to have one LAN, you will have to use hairpin NAT for the web server: Dst NAT to forward incoming traffic to the web server and Src NAT to masquerade outgoing traffic so that it has the correct IP address.