Community discussions

MikroTik App

NotAnITGuy
just joined
Topic Author

Remote sites on same Net

Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:10 pm

To be up front, I'm a radio guy with enough IT experience to know I shouldn't really do IT things.

We recently purchased a pair of audio bridges that are meant to transport 2w audio between our offices for radio control. We were told they would work fine over simple High speed internet connections given the internet connections had static IP addresses.

What we didn't know when we received the devices, was that there is, within the device, the management/main IP address as well as a second audio Engine IP address. The Address's all need to be in the same net/subnet.

My question, can we use something like a CRS109-8G-1S-2HnD-IN or similarly priced device to provide a Lan - Cloud - Lan tunnel where the Lan side of the switches are on the same network?

See attached picture for a visual
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ochaconm
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Remote sites on same Net

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:49 pm

You can create tunnels even using a low-cost "HAP Lite".

I suggest you using EoIP (Ethernet over IP):
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Interface/EoIP

NotAnITGuy
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:57 pm

Thank you for the reply. I did pick up a pair of HAP AC Lite devices.

I connected the routers to the LTE modems, and they seem to be functioning properly using the default configurations. I set up the 8291 port on both and can use winBox to access both from either end so they are reachable. I changed the IP scheme on the ROIP devices to fall within the Default IP scheme of the MikroTik.

I used the quick set to adjust the IP/ranges, Local end = 192.168.88.1 - ...99, and remote end 192.168.88.100 - ...199, to avoid duplicate ip issues.

The next step was to set up the EOIP Interface on both ends. Using the opposing WAN IP as the Destination IP and Tunnel ID of 123 on both. All other settings were default.
I then Set up an additional Bridge Labeled BridgeEoip, all settings were default.
I set Ether 5 to BridgeEoip and added a EoIP Tunnel port set to BridgeEoip. on both ends.

If I understand this right, port 5 on routerA should now be on the same LAN as Port 5 on routerB.

EOIP interface traffic only shows TX data
Ether5 shows tx and rx traffic
BridgeEoip interface shows only RX traffic.

I have watched the few youtube instructionals and tried to follow many instructional slide shows or web pages but haven't been able to get any data to flow.

Any ideas as to what I am missing?

ingdaka
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:52 pm

In my opinion is better to use another VPN tunnel used by mikrotik, IPIP, this is more easy because IPIP interfaces can be bridged even that they are in different places with different WAN IP, you can use the same LAN subnet for ALL devices!

NotAnITGuy
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:17 am

I can get the IPIP tunnel set up with its own net 10.0.0.1, & 2. Now how can I Bridge the Lan Ports to the IPIP tunnel? IPIP tunnel doesn't show up in the Bridge/Ports interface drop down.

When I tried setting the IPIP tunnel IP's to something within my LAN network I lost the Connection.

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Location: South Africa, Krugersdorp (Home town of Brad Binder)

Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:13 am

I don't think you can bridge IP tunnel. You can run EOIP over an IP Tunnel but don't think that is necessary.
Just run EOIP across the normal IP connection between the routers and use IPSec Secret to encrypt the data