Community discussions

MikroTik App

epsil0n
just joined
Topic Author

DLNA broadcasting don't work on wlan2

Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:49 am

Hello dear MikroTik users.
I finally decided to swtich from Asuswrt-Merlin to MikroTik routers. In particular hAP ac²
So in order to have fluent migration I have setup my new router with new local ip and configured wan port offline.
I did stop the DHCP on old router(AsusWrt),stop wifi, disconnect the wan and connect it to the new one(MikroTik).

Then I used straight cable to join lan ports of new and old router.
I had to do that, because I do have DLNA server on old router that I would like still to use. Plus this give me couple of more ports.

I have a desktop pc connected to the lan port of MikroTik, couple of phones and tables to wlan.

So the actual problem is that desktop pc sees DLNA server(eg VLC or Windows Media Player)
By sees I mean the advertise out of the box behavior for dlna server.
However phones and tables connected to wlan don't.
When I connect the phones to old WiFi network of AsusWRT they immediately sees the dlna server.

I did try to stop and start uPnP, but this did not affect nor desktop(working) nor the phones.
By the way DLNA server is minidlna if this is important.

MikroTik has two bridges - first for wan and port for IPTV STB
second for rest of ports and two wlan

Any idea what might stop the dlna advertisment on network?
I did tourch on both interface and I see adv packets on port 1900

#interface bridge print
Flags: X - disabled, R - running 
 0 R ;;; defconf
     name="bridge-LAN" mtu=auto actual-mtu=1498 l2mtu=1598 arp=enabled arp-timeout=auto mac-address=CC:2D:E0:C2:82:DD protocol-mode=rstp fast-forward=yes 
     igmp-snooping=no auto-mac=no admin-mac=CC:2D:E0:C2:82:DD ageing-time=5m priority=0x8000 max-message-age=20s forward-delay=15s transmit-hold-count=6 
     vlan-filtering=no 

1 R name="bridge-WAN" mtu=auto actual-mtu=1500 l2mtu=1598 arp=enabled arp-timeout=auto mac-address=BC:EE:7B:8E:46:F0 protocol-mode=rstp fast-forward=yes igmp-snooping=no 
     auto-mac=no admin-mac=BC:EE:7B:8E:46:F0 ageing-time=5m priority=0x8000 max-message-age=20s forward-delay=15s transmit-hold-count=6 vlan-filtering=no 
[admin@MikroTik] > interface ethernet print
Flags: X - disabled, R - running, S - slave 
 #    NAME                                                            MTU MAC-ADDRESS       ARP             SWITCH                                                        
 0 RS ether1-master                                                  1500 BC:EE:7B:8E:46:F0 enabled         switch1                                                       
 1 RS ether2                                                         1500 CC:2D:E0:C2:82:DD enabled         switch1                                                       
 2 RS ether3                                                         1500 CC:2D:E0:C2:82:DE enabled         switch1                                                       
 3 RS ether4                                                         1500 CC:2D:E0:C2:82:DF enabled         switch1                                                       
 4 RS ether5                                                         1500 CC:2D:E0:C2:82:E0 enabled         switch1   
[admin@MikroTik] > interface wireless print
Flags: X - disabled, R - running 
 0  R name="wlan1" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1600 mac-address=CC:2D:E0:C2:82:E1 arp=enabled interface-type=IPQ4019 mode=ap-bridge ssid="RoLe" frequency=auto band=2ghz-b/g/n 
      channel-width=20/40mhz-Ce secondary-channel="" scan-list=default wireless-protocol=802.11 vlan-mode=no-tag vlan-id=1 wds-mode=disabled wds-default-bridge=none 
      wds-ignore-ssid=no bridge-mode=enabled default-authentication=yes default-forwarding=yes default-ap-tx-limit=0 default-client-tx-limit=0 hide-ssid=no 
      security-profile=default compression=no 

1  R name="wlan2" mtu=1498 l2mtu=1600 mac-address=CC:2D:E0:C2:82:E2 arp=enabled interface-type=IPQ4019 mode=ap-bridge ssid="RoLe_5G" frequency=auto band=5ghz-a/n/ac 
      channel-width=20/40/80mhz-Ceee secondary-channel="" scan-list=default wireless-protocol=802.11 vlan-mode=no-tag vlan-id=1 wds-mode=disabled 
      wds-default-bridge=none wds-ignore-ssid=no bridge-mode=enabled default-authentication=yes default-forwarding=no default-ap-tx-limit=0 default-client-tx-limit=0 
      hide-ssid=no security-profile=default compression=no 

talisker
just joined

Re: DLNA broadcasting don't work on wlan2

Fri May 11, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi,

Did you solve your problem ?
You can use PIM, that should work.

miwi14
just joined

Sun May 13, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi,

are there any informations on PIM? I didn't find anything in the wiki.

TIA
Michael

talisker
just joined

Sun May 13, 2018 7:19 pm

You can find some informations here https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:R ... IGMP-Proxy and https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Routing/Multicast
For information, you cannot use PIM and IGMP-Proxy at the same time ... you need to choose