Community discussions

MikroTik App

ArnieNFW
just joined
Topic Author

Probs connecting to RB2011UiAS-IN

Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:07 pm

Newbie here, sorry to start my 1st topic with a problem..

Had no problems connecting to the RB2011 on Ether2. Ether1 connected to my LAN (with internet). Device got an internal IP-address, I did a firmware updated, rebooted.
All well, last firmware up and running (6.42 I believe).
Connected with WinBox and started the 1st-time configuration wizard. I did something wrong, after reboot my laptop couldnt get an IP address. Tried to reset the router, but..

And since then I am unable to connect to the router. I do the reset like I did before (button pressed after poweron and let go on blink of led). The thing is that "normally"
(in the beginning when it worked), the display also showed the IP address 192.168.88.1. Now there is no IP showing, just the user/pw. (admin empty).

Laptop with windows give an error that no DHCP server is available, and defaults to some weird IP address. Any help to continue is appreciated.
Did I trigger the backup firmware?
When I connect Ether1 to my LAN, it does get an IP address, but I am -ofcourse- unable to connect on that IP address.

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Location: South Africa, Krugersdorp (Home town of Brad Binder)

Re: Probs connecting to RB2011UiAS-IN

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:54 am

This should put you back on track

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Winbox

Van9018
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Probs connecting to RB2011UiAS-IN

Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:10 am

Your laptop's weird address starts with 169.254? That's a random IP that Windows will assign itself.

In winbox, are you on the Neighbours tab? It should list detectable Mikrotiks on the network. Even if there is incompatible IPs, you should still be able to connect to it via MAC address.

Try ether3,4

Since ether1 obtains a DHCP client, then I'd think it's still functional and not in NetInstall mode.