Community discussions

MikroTik App

Budit
just joined
Topic Author

EOIP routing issue

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:30 am

Hi all

I have a problem i am trying to resolve that is really annoying me as i just can't get it to go the way i want. I have two Mikrotiks on fiber connection. Initially i connected them with a standard IPSEC tunnel and everything was working fine. LAN traffic between Routers was accessible etc. I then needed to send traffic from Router A down the tunnel to Router A and out to the internet. The reason I am doing this is the tunnel is from Home to Work and we restrict RDP etc access to our work IP for clients we support. When I am at home I need to log into an RDP Server I need to have my work WAN IP. I setup Mangle rules to stipulate the traffic an port that I wanted to route down the tunnel and used a MARK rule. Everything looks OK but it didn't work. I then configure SSTP to the office from Router A to B as another option changed the routing rule to go down the SSTP tunnel and everything started to work. I then decided to change the tunnel to an EOIP connection which would let me select it as an interface. Again all other functionality of the tunnel works but I just can't get the selected mangle rules to route down the EOIP interface either. If I select the SSTP VPN it works fine. I am pretty sure this is a simple Static Route that is required but i just can't get it to work. I have tuned firewalls off at both ends for testing and this makes no difference so i am sure it is not that.

This works fine on SSTP however for the sake of keeping this tidy I would rather use the EOIP tunnel to route this then I can do away with the SSTP. Really looking for advise. if none of the above makes sense I can post my config.

Thanks