MikroTik App

Bolik
just joined
Topic Author

No wireless interface on RB941-2nD-TC

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:43 pm

Hello there.
I'm newby in Miktotik world.

Could anybody explain me please, why I don't see any wireless interface in "Interfaces" sections in Winbox?

There is a wierd message in logs:
00:26:45 script,warning DefConf gen: Unable to find wireless interface(s)

Wireless package has enabled in Package list. Disabling and Enabling it have no effect.
Reseting system has no effect.
I have upgraded version of RouterOS - routeros-smips-6.42.3.npk.

What's wrong with my box?
Thanks in advance!
resources.PNG
packages.PNG
mikrotik - wi-fi.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: No wireless interface on RB941-2nD-TC

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:48 pm

Contact support

Bolik
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Problem solved. Thanks!

kain
just joined

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:01 am

Hi!

How was your problem solved? I have same issue with cAP ac (RBcAPGi-5acD2nD) - no wireless interface at all!

vecernik87
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:00 pm

I saw it first time on hAP ac^2 running 6.42.5 and I reported it in Ticket #2018062922002154 . It did not affect me (my wifi is fully working, just the log entry was scary) but i realized it may have harmful potential.

I got following response:
The issue is caused by Graphing and Virtual Wireless interfaces which causes an interface loading delay when the router is booting up. We will try to resolve the issue in upcoming RouterOS releases.

Truth is that I have both features enabled so maybe if you disable these and do reset, it may get better.

edit: right now, I decited to play with the device which encountered this issue and found following:
After restart, device has no wireless interfaces. However, exactly at the moment i delete interface graphing, wireless interfaces appear.
I repeated this step on purpose several times and it worked every time. For now, if you find yourself without wifi, delete (at least temporary) your graphing interface and it should appear.

kain
just joined

Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:54 pm

edit: right now, I decited to play with the device which encountered this issue and found following:
After restart, device has no wireless interfaces. However, exactly at the moment i delete interface graphing, wireless interfaces appear.
I repeated this step on purpose several times and it worked every time. For now, if you find yourself without wifi, delete (at least temporary) your graphing interface and it should appear.
Thank you vecernik87 for the input!
But I have no graphing interfaces. Device is stock, bought yesterday in local store, no configuration done yet. After first boot I thought that not working wireless will be fixed with fresh software. So I tried update packages and firmware to last stable and RC but no luck. Also I tried reinstall via netboot with the same results. No wireless interfaces.
Wireless LEDs (2GHz and 5GHz) blinking 2 times when booting then goes off and never came back.

Some information:
[admin@MikroTik] > /system routerboard print  
       routerboard: yes
        board-name: cAP ac
             model: RouterBOARD cAP Gi-5acD2nD
     serial-number: 81CE08E14EF0
     firmware-type: ipq4000L
  factory-firmware: 6.41.3
  current-firmware: 6.42.5
  upgrade-firmware: 6.42.5
Interface graphing:
[admin@MikroTik] > /tool graphing interface print  
Flags: X - disabled 
 #   INTERFACE                                ALLOW-ADDRESS                                          STORE-ON-DISK 
Wireless not detected:
[admin@MikroTik] > /interface wireless print  
Flags: X - disabled, R - running

I don't know if wireless device should appear as PCI device, but this list also empty anyway:
[admin@MikroTik] > /system resource pci print  
 # DEVICE   VENDOR                                             NAME                                                    IRQ

Same picture was right after first boot before any updates.

vecernik87
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:44 pm

I see. In that case it seems to me that reason for your issue is different from mine and Bolik's.
Wireless should appear in normal interfaces. The PCI is for different kind of devices (those where you really physically connect pci cards)

I am afraid you have only two options:
either approach seller (new device should be covered by waranty)
or contact official mikrotik support with description of your problem and attached supout.rif file. They might find out what is the issue and give better advise.

kain
just joined

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:40 pm

I see. In that case it seems to me that reason for your issue is different from mine and Bolik's.
Wireless should appear in normal interfaces. The PCI is for different kind of devices (those where you really physically connect pci cards)

I am afraid you have only two options:
either approach seller (new device should be covered by waranty)
or contact official mikrotik support with description of your problem and attached supout.rif file. They might find out what is the issue and give better advise.
Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it!
Yes, seems that your issues is different than mine. I hope there is no hardware fault. Although I can return device, but I will wait answer from support. I have contacted them and send all information (Ticket#2018070722000203). I will post results here.

kain
just joined

Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:02 am

Thanks for everyone! Problem solved by returning device to seller.