Community discussions

MikroTik App

kd7vea
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Vlan config

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:56 pm

I know there are a few other posts about VLANs, but I just want to clarify for my own understanding. I have a RB-2011 that has an untagged connection to a gateway on ETH1. DHCP hands out addresses on ETH2. I am about to add a tagged VLAN 10 on ETH3 that will go out ETH2 Tagged. I assume this should work without me changing anything on ETH1, the untagged packets from ETH1 should flow as normal, and the new tagged Vlan 10 will just get trunked from ETH3 to ETH2. Is this correct?

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Vlan config

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:54 am

It won't influence ETH1, that's correct. The rest is possible too, you'll need bridge and some helpful examples can be found at https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Interface/Bridge.

kd7vea
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Vlan config

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:01 am

I followed the Mikrotik Wiki, and I got mixed results. I have a Server running routerOS in my office for testing, so I did all of my testing on that machine. I configured my switch, and made sure that everything else worked. I then repeated the steps on the production router, and things didn't go as planned. all of my Tagged vlans passed through just like they should, but my untagged path from the gateway on eth1 and out untagged eth2 stopped working. here is a list of what I did.
Add interfaces to bridge port
interface bridge port
add/int bridge=bridge-local interface=ether1-gateway pvid=1
add bridge=bridge-local interface=ether2 pvid=1
add bridge=bridge-local interface=ether3

Add Vlans to the Bridge
/interface bridge vlan
add bridge=bridge-local tagged=ether2,ether3 vlan-ids=3000
add bridge=bridge-local tagged=ether2,ether3 vlan-ids=42

Set the bridge to enable vlan filtering
/interface bridge set bridge-local vlan-filtering=yes
the only difference between my test router config and the production router is that my test router did not have the bridge set up so I started with "/interface bridge add name=bridge-local vlan-filtering=no". any thought on where else to check? Is there an issue in one of the commands?