Community discussions

MikroTik App

learnyee
Topic Author

Tag vlan or forward traffic to port or VLAN based on IP

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:18 pm

ok, I had been looking high and low for this but seems cant really find a way doing this.

I had couple of CCR with the 10G port, which is connected to a PON (OLT) uplink, which connects to hundreds of SIP phone and WIFI AP. The issue now is these devices was not VLAN aware as there are some intermediately dumb POE switch sitting between the ONU and the OLT.

What I am trying to achieve now is to split 3 set of IP subnet traffic, which is originating from those SIP phone and WIFI AP configured with fix IP, and pipe those traffic into a interface and tag a VLAN onto it.

How should I do this? I dont mind to put another device like HEX to just split the traffic then route it back to the CCR again, but I really need to do this.

Any help?

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Location: South Africa, Krugersdorp (Home town of Brad Binder)

Re: Tag vlan or forward traffic to port or VLAN based on IP

Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:17 pm

Why dont you tag the Vlan on the U port on ONU

learnyee
Topic Author

Re: Tag vlan or forward traffic to port or VLAN based on IP

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:57 pm

Why dont you tag the Vlan on the U port on ONU
we cant do that simply because there is a dumb poe switch sitting between the OLT and the ONU. And we cannot change those switches because the customer refuse to pay for extra for a VLAN aware switch.

So we had no choice but to look at is there a way of doing that at the core level.