Community discussions

mike12345567
just joined
Topic Author

wAP LTE kit setup

Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi there, last week I purchased a wAP LTE kit (RBwAPR-2nD&R11e-LTE) and I have been attempting to set it up for some time now with not much success. I have looked around for information about the errors I have been getting but have not been able to find any information.

I have inserted a three sim card, which I have tested in another LTE MiFi device (TP-link M7350) and it is functioning as expected.

When I attempt to configure to configure the LTE interface in routerOS I receive errors stating that the modem has not been configured yet. The LTE interface page is showing the message "tx and rx rf circuit disabled" for functionality where I see it is usually "full" in the tutorials and examples I have seen online.

I have upgraded the system firmware to v6.42.7 as per suggestions online but this has had no affect.

I was wondering how I configure the LTE modem or how I can get more information about why the LTE modem is failing to configure on startup?

Thanks for any help.

esr
just joined

Re: wAP LTE kit setup

Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:11 pm

Hi, I have the same problem with a RB912R. Can someone help?

solar77

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:50 pm

check from Interface and see if the LTE interface is running (it should have an R next ot it)
I have not used this particular device but some other LTE kit requires you to connec the antenna to the PCB board, before doing so the LTE modem is not running therefore it won't even see any signal. there should be a set up gauid that comes with the kit, in there it tells you if you have to connect anything up.
MTCNA MTCTCE UEWA

nickshore

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:16 pm

Modem isn't configured yet normally means the SIM is not in place correctly.

Are you using the correct sim size ?
Nick Shore MTCNA MTCWE MTCRE MTCINE MTCTCE
LinITX.com - MultiThread Consultants
Get your MikroTik RBs and Training: http://linitx.com/brand/mikrotik
Official UK MikroTik Distributor
IRC chan: #routerboard on irc.z.je (IPv4 and IPv6)