Community discussions

MikroTik App

Jonathanap
just joined
Topic Author

HC Lite firewall Config...

Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:26 am

Hey Tech guys,
Wow and when I thought life got easier with routers, the Isp supplied my friend with an HAP AC Lite Mikrotik router. I'm pretty sure that if set right, could operate self-dispensing alcohol bars, lol

Anyway I have had it with trying to set the router to allow me WITHIN the network to access my USB HDD thats plugged into my Huawei B315-22 router via a LAN cable. I have googled and youtubed for weeks and hours on end, but no luck!!
The router came pre-configured from the ISP and they made me sign a Disclosure to say, i screw up they no more helping and wont change a simple ALLOW in the firewall.

So currently the Huawei b315 is the main router connected to the Fiber CPE and then via LAN cable runs to the Mikrotik downstairs in my friends office.... then to my office via lan cable at the back of the property. now i cant access the hdd like this, got to go in the house then connect to Huawei to get info off the HDD....

What i want.......
Fiber CPE...........LAN CABLE............... (Ethernet Port 1-Mikrotik ( MAIN ROUTER)........................... Ethernet Port 2=LAN CABLE to downstairs office to Huawei as WAN LAN and HDD Point................... Ethernet 3 for Smart TV................. Ethernet 4 for Garage WiFI AP................ so if i am in the garage and i want to access my music on the HDD it will allow that....... If i am in the office at the back, i am able to get doc's...............

Thanks in advanced!
ThompsonJap@outlook.com