MikroTik App

yaqb
just joined
Topic Author

Hosts from 2 LAN's can't reach each other

Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:13 pm

Hello.

Could You please help me with this? :)

I've set up a basic config at MT 951G where I've configured one dhcp pool for LAN (10.1.1.0/24) and other dhcp pool for WLAN (10.10.1.0/24). The first problem was to make the WLAN pool "active", but I found that the WiFi interface should not be in a slave mode so I've disabled it under the bridge.

Now the host connected via WLAN gets addresses other than "wired" hosts. The problem is that those hosts can't reach each other between the networks (inside each the networks everything works fine). One of the solution was to set an SRCNAT, but there where no details how to do it.

Thank You
Best Regards.

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Location: South Africa, Krugersdorp (Home town of Brad Binder)

Re: Hosts from 2 LAN's can't reach each other

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:07 pm

If the wlan is disabled, how can any client connect to the device via wlan?

You should remove wlan from bridge, then the clients on wlan will access the clients on LAN via layer 3. If not, you have firewall filter rules preventing this.

xvo
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Hosts from 2 LAN's can't reach each other

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:24 pm

In default config there is only one member of interface list "LAN"- the default "bridge".
And all firewall is build around interface lists "LAN" and "WAN".
So you need to add "wlan1" interface to interface list "LAN" and 99% that it will resolve the issue.