Community discussions

MikroTik App

thomasp97
just joined
Topic Author

How can I check if my CAP is correctly provisioned by the CAPsMAN?

Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi everybody,

Is there a way to check if the CAPsMAN is provisioning my CAP's correctly?

I came across a (probably rare) issue where the cap showed me that the Wlan is working just fine (Picture 1). However, I faced some issues where the signal was very poor so I checked my Wi-Fi coverage and found out that this particular AP does not provide 2.4GHz Wlan.

Can anybody help me out?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nickshore
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: How can I check if my CAP is correctly provisioned by the CAPsMAN?

Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:40 pm

Looks like you have it set on channel 3, and only g, what did you set it to on the capsman ?

You should make sure you are using non-overlapping channels, and the correct 802.11 protocols, such as g/n

Nick

thomasp97
just joined
Topic Author

Re: How can I check if my CAP is correctly provisioned by the CAPsMAN?

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:06 am

I didn't choose a channel manually.
Unfortunately my Wireless Devices (scanner for the warehouse) only support the g band. I Already had the g/n band enabled, but it only causes problems e.g. cant connect at all or there were even issues while roaming between the AP.

Capsman Channel:
name="CAP2GHz" band=2ghz-b/g extension-channel=disabled skip-dfs-channels=yes
name="CAP5Ghz" band=5ghz-onlyac extension-channel=disabled skip-dfs-channels=yes

Capsman Provisioning:
radio-mac=00:00:00:00:00:00 hw-supported-modes=ac identity-regexp="" common-name-regexp="PCAP-*" ip-address-ranges=""
action=create-enabled master-configuration=WLanInHouse5Ghz slave-configurations=WLanMD5Ghz,WLanProd5Ghz
name-format=prefix-identity name-prefix="CAP"

radio-mac=00:00:00:00:00:00 hw-supported-modes=g identity-regexp="" common-name-regexp="PCAP-*" ip-address-ranges=""
action=create-enabled master-configuration=WLanInHouse2Ghz slave-configurations=WLanMD2Ghz,WLanProd2Ghz
name-format=prefix-identity name-prefix="CAP"

greetings,
Thomas