Community discussions

MikroTik App

praff
just joined
Topic Author

ethernet over lte/usb

Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:29 pm

Hello ,
Can somebady help me to bridge LTE interface with eth1 ? ....Lte interface is not available to add in bridge.
I want to give Internet to all Ethernet ports on the LTE interface.
Thx

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: ethernet over lte/usb

Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:06 pm

If you only get single IP address through LTE interface (which is pretty much a norm in public mobile networks), then you don't want to bridge all ethernet ports with LTE. Instead you want router device to do routing + NAT for all "LAN" devices, connected to ethernet ports (and WiFi access point). Which is pretty much default for all SOHO-class routerboard devices.

hernankohnen
just joined

Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:09 pm

If you only get single IP address through LTE interface (which is pretty much a norm in public mobile networks), then you don't want to bridge all ethernet ports with LTE. Instead you want router device to do routing + NAT for all "LAN" devices, connected to ethernet ports (and WiFi access point). Which is pretty much default for all SOHO-class routerboard devices.
Hi mkx,
I hope you can help me on the following: I want to connect an LTE modem to an RB951 that can assign the cellular network assigned Public dynamic IP address to the LTE interface of the Mikrotik, in order to create an IPSec VPN to an RB1100.
Do you know which LTE modem would work for that? I tested with a USB 4G wingle Huawei e8372, but it doesn't support bridge-mode (it assigns a private 192.168.8.x/24 IP to the LTE interface in the Mikrotik).

Thanks in advance.

Hernan

hgonzale
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:11 pm

I think the IP is coming from your ISP. They are doing NAT for many users and not giving a real IP to each one connection

solar77
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm

I want to connect an LTE modem to an RB951 that can assign the cellular network assigned Public dynamic IP address to the LTE interface of the Mikrotik, in order to create an IPSec VPN to an RB1100.
so you have a RB951, connected or want to connect to a LTE modem, where is your RB1100? somewhere else on the Internet or also behind your Lte modem?

also, you can tell what your public IP is by search "IP" in Google. it tells you what public address are you currently behind. If it is the one you see on your Lte Interface then yes you have an public IP address.

In most cases you don't have a public IP on the Lte connection,unelss you purchased this from your ISP in which case you would know about....

VPN would be more likely have to be from the RB951 (VPN client) to a VPN server.

JorgeAmaral
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:18 pm

Hello ,
Can somebady help me to bridge LTE interface with eth1 ? ....Lte interface is not available to add in bridge.
Thx
Hello,

The feature that you request is supported on WAP-LTE and on LtAP-mini, please follow the link on how to config:

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... gh_Example

Best regards

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:43 pm

Hello ,
Thx
Try something like that. In dutch but folow my tutorial and hopefuly its working on your router
Greatings