Community discussions

MikroTik App

adriandonlan
just joined
Topic Author

Meraki MX behind Mikrotik

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi
I have searched for information on this but can't find anything helpful. I have a client who currently uses an Meraki MX device as their firewall / VPN, connected to a fibre broadband line. It works well and there are no complaints about it. However they have now decided to run a managed office and so have now another 10 different companies to share their office space. I have decided that a CRS328 will do the job of routing and protecting the different companies from each other but what I would like for ease of use is to keep the client's network configuration the same, so what is the best way of attaching the meraki into the CRS device? Is it to give a public IP address to one of the CRS ports and then route traffic to that?
I know that I can ditch the meraki and just use the Mikrotik but there is quite a lot of configuration (azure vpns. dial up vpns etc) to recreate and the ability to get nice graphs to send to the management.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Adrian

vasilaos
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Meraki MX behind Mikrotik

Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:17 pm

Attach Meraki MX to CRS and forward all to incoming traffic from public ip to meraki to save time with confoguration. Or even better get a real ip adress pool from the isp and distribute real ip to each device behind the CRS

Paternot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Meraki MX behind Mikrotik

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:17 am

Be advised that the CRS328 is a switch, with a very weak CPU attached. If You try to use it to route more than a few hundred megabits it will not handle the load. It can switch at wire speed, it can run thousands of VLANs - but it will do a very poor job routing.