Community discussions

MikroTik App

Thorsten1970
just joined
Topic Author

wAP ac upgrade and wireless problems

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:16 pm

Hi to all,

i have some problems with my second wap ac regarding routerOS upgrade and wireless activation. Both do not work.

First wireless:
On mistake I did install wireless package a second time. After I recognized the fault, I tried to uninstall it, but it seems, that it did not work. Both wireless packages are still on the wap ac. I can not activate any one. So what should I do?

Upgrade
The first upgrade of the wap ac did not work as it worked on my first wap ac. I have used the same upgrade file for both. The first one got the right 6.43.4 version but the second one shows only 6.42.6. I did the upgrade several times - but always with the same result.

Can you please help?
wap_ac_problem.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: wAP ac upgrade and wireless problems

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:11 pm

I am not sure what is best, but it may be time to use the reset function, and reinstall your latest copy of config.
What I normally do, is reset to defaults, THEN upgrade to latest firmware and packages.
Then re-enter config.

Thorsten1970
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:27 pm

I did the reset many times, but it does not help.

With the reset I can see 3.41 as factory default as current firmware. For Update Firmware it states 6.42.6, even if I upload the 6.43.4 to the wap ac. Is there a master reset, which will do a "low Level" reset?

Steveocee
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:52 pm

I think you are confusing routeros version a bit with your routerboard FW.

If you are uploading the file to the wAP, do a system > reboot. That will initiate an update of routerOS.
Once routerOS is updated go to system > routerboard and you will see that the 6.43.4 FW is available for the board. Hit upgrade and then reboot for it to take effect.

See how your wireless package looks after this as the upgrade process may just "nuke" one as it goes. If not then netinstall to get rid of it.

Thorsten1970
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:37 pm

I did your proposed way, but there is no change in Version number - it always states 6.42.6. I will try netinstall today. I will let you know, if I had success...

Thorsten1970
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Thanks for the hint with netinstall. It worked well. Problem solved!