Community discussions

macx979
just joined
Topic Author

RouterOS basic vlan config

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:50 pm

Hi,

I recently purchased a CRS326 in order to replace my Linksys LGS308. Reason is, that I need more ports and furthermore I want to have all ports monitored via SFLOW for the management software I am using. Because of the latter I run routeros rather than swos.
Basically besides VLANs and SFLOW there aren't any functionality I am planning to use (so far).
Current setup of my vlan on the linksys switch is like that:
Selection_021.png
But I am really struggeling with the vlan setup on the CRS326. How is this being done via the webinterface. Is there a tutorial with some basic steps to map a vlan to a specific port, either as trunk or as an access port.

thanks in advance,
macx

RouterOS 6.41.3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sebastia
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: RouterOS basic vlan config

Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:34 pm

Hi

Have you looked at this already? https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:B ... _switching

macx979
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:37 pm

Hey,

I followed this tutorial - https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... s_Ports.29

I'd like to start with a trunk port to connect the CRS to the Linksys switch. I'll use port 4 on Linksys for that (settings are of Linksys shown in the picture above). What I did so far on CRS is:

<a bridge with the name "bridge" connected to all ports already exists and therefore there's no need to create a new bridge I suppose>

/interface bridge
set bridge vlan-filtering=no

<Trunk should be ethernet port 24>
/interface bridge vlan
add bridge=bridge tagged=ether24 vlan-ids=1,2,3,10,66,100

<activate vlan-filtering>
/interface bridge
set bridge vlan-filtering=yes

ip address of CRS has been changed to same subnet as Linksys switch. My expectation was after connecting Port24 of CRS to Port4 of Linksys pinging the IP address of CRS should be possible from another PC in the same subnet. Unfortunately it didn't work. Pinging Linksys from that PC does work.

I guess I am missing something here. Can you point me to the right direction?

Best

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:38 am

Once you have a start of a config, post it here for us to review.
If using winbox note in the upper left a SAFE MODE.
Use this. If you do something wrong it will kick you out of winbox and unroll to the last changes.

Typically what I do is make a few changes. IF not kicked out I will undo safe mode, to save my work and then apply safe mode again.
Thus whenever I do something that would freeze, log out, befuddle the router, it simply kicks me out and allows me to reconnect at the last safe point.

sebastia
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:42 am

what you've defined so far is just the trunk port and ids of the vlans

But

You'll need to redefine / update the ports definitions -> /interface bridge port
These vlans, except for 1, end there, as no other port is participating / propagating any of these vlans. -> /interface bridge vlan

the ip on MT is on bridge I guess?
the ip on Linksys is on vlan 1 as well?