Community discussions

MikroTik App

divmstr
just joined
Topic Author

RB1100AHx4 Configuration

Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi, I have just purchased an RB1100AHx4 and am having some difficulty understanding how to configure it. I want to manage three separate LAN's with it, one as a router with NAT and DHCP to my cable modem, the other two are simple bridges but must be seperated from the first. I am running in bridge mode and can create three bridges and all is well, however i want to include the router functionality on one of the LAN's. If I follow the manual and add DHCP and NAT, I can get the DHCP to work, but the masquerade mode of NAT does not enable me to specify from what to what and from which bridge to what port, and also it is not apparent how to set up the cable modem and onto which port, which as a fixed external IP. If I go to router mode, there is an option to bridge all ports, which I do not want to do, only 1-5. My questions are how to configure the one bridge for NAT/DHCP, or alternatively in router mode, can I remove the other ports from the 'bridge all ports' and bridge them seperately?

Thanks.

satman1w
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: RB1100AHx4 Configuration

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:17 pm

All ports on RB1100AHx4 are separated by default (to be sure, start /system reset and after reboot do not accept default configuration if offered). You can create bridges as you want and connect them with physical ports as you want
You can also put the separate subnet on each and every port and decide for each subnet if the DHCP would be enabled or not adh how the subnet will communicate with other subnets and internet.

When creating masquerade, you can decide about source interface (subnet) and destination internet...

You can connect your cable modem to which ever port you want , and on that port you can set up a PPPoE client or anything else...

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:33 pm

provide a diagram

mintuaung
just joined

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:56 am

I recently upgraded my internet connection to 300 Mbps. The thing is i can not get more than 150Mb/s on my RB1100AHx4. . On both i get 7% CPU around 150Mb/s . Am i doing something wrong or is this a hardware limitation ?
pls help the full bandwidth get.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kyende1
just joined

Re: RB1100AHx4 Configuration Rx and Tx low

Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:34 am

I have bought an new RB1100AHx4 router after Configuration I find out that the Tx and Rx speed does not go beyond the 125 Kbps for Tx and 7.3Kbps for Rx. After doing reset, still having the same issue. Can any one assist me with a solution?