Community discussions

MikroTik App

NatNerdBlog
just joined
Topic Author

Noob Questions for 2 KM PTP and LHG LTE KIT

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:52 am

Hello, first on,e sorry for my bad english, i am not good in this launguage.
I have some questions for two diffent Mikrotik device and use, i live in very remote area near Rome and now i am online by two different type of connection:

Satellite connection (very expensive) with 16 mbps download and 3 mbps download but with high ping, average 700 ms.
3G Connection by 900 Mhz band with H3G Operator, i took this connection by two ZTE wideband periodic log antenna 9db each gain, modem e3372s dongle and a tp-link mr3020 with rj45 port and ethernet cable connect to my home router, i can reach 3 mbps download and 1 mbps upload and average ping about 80 ms.

I am ready to try the mikrotik lhg lte kit for improve that connection, because it's like a flat and is much cheaper than satellite connection, i think that integrated antenna is better than external antenna, in my case, because rg58 antenna cable have more signal loss than ethernet cable. (my cable is 8 mt lenght) What do you think about that? I want to buy this kind of can i Can i find noob guide about LTE configuration and tricks? i found the wiki very useful, but i am very noob.

The second question is about a new PTP connection that i want to make.
I have one mikrotik sxt lite 5 , and i want to cover about 1,92 KM distance, there is just 2-3 trees in the middle of the radio bridge, i upload here KML file with the right distance and altitude.
I need to buy a second antenna for the bridge, what do you suggest to buy? A second sxt lite 5 is sufficient? can i buy a different type of mikrotik 5 ghz antenna for have better possibility to have a good connection? (the connection speed of the source is 50 MBPS).
Sorry for my noob question and my english i hope to have explain my problem easy.
Thank you
Last edited by NatNerdBlog on Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Noob Questions for 2 KM PTP and LHG LTE KIT

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:19 pm

With regards to lte link, check with providers in your area where their masts are: distance and strength. Which mast do they advise you to use. Position them on the map so you'll no where to point your lte antenna to. And of course the higher you can put it the better.

NatNerdBlog
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:24 pm

With regards to lte link, check with providers in your area where their masts are: distance and strength. Which mast do they advise you to use. Position them on the map so you'll no where to point your lte antenna to. And of course the higher you can put it the better.
Thank you, i want to try this solution with idcellfinder when antenna come, i just buy this yesterday, and the seller Eurodk ships out today!

For the second question, PTP 2 KM, you have see the KML file? you think i can reach ptp connetion with two sxt 5 lite? i can connect any kind of mikrotik antenna 5 ghz or i must pair same product only? thank you

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:58 pm

sorry I've little experience with wireless links...

NatNerdBlog
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:21 pm

sorry I've little experience with wireless links...
No problem, you are welcome, thank you so much.

I think this is easiest question here, anyone can reply (i hope this).
i am open to any good suggestion, i have to buy second antenna for ptp and i only want to know if i need to buy same identical model or i can buy, for example lhg 5 ghz and make a point to point with sxt lite 5, or i can connect this only to second sxt lite5.

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:07 pm

that I can answer / point you to: https://i.mt.lv/cdn/rb_files/antenas-160404123306.pdf
=> they are interoperable, but their "reach" won't be same

NatNerdBlog
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:39 am

Thank You, i buy now a RBLHG-5nD for connect to RBSXT5nDr2, i hope to get ptp easy. thank you

bnv
just joined

Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:54 pm

<t>Dear Natnerdblog,<br/>
l read your post because I am dealing with a problem like yours.<br/>
It is already partially solved: my link is 5/2 Mbps most of time in 4g.<br/>
I am using a Huawei B525-g23 and a panel antenna : gain 11 dbm.<br/>
The signal level is sufficient: RSRP about -96 dBm; but SINR is poor : about -4 dB in 4g.<br/>
Radio base station looks to be on sight but quite far away.<br/>
Between modem and antenna there is a 10 m cable which almost cancel the gain of antenna.<br/>
I am looking for a better solution.<br/>
<br/>
Lhg-Lte kit sounds good because the high gain of the antenna and no cable between modem and antenna.<br/>
I have no idea about the quality of the modem used by the device and haven't found any feedback about it.<br/>
Our situations looks quite similar so, if you already bought and installed it, please let me know your feedback.<br/>
Please provide me also some data if you have it.<br/>
Your opinion is very important for me.<br/>
<br/>
Thank you in advance for your support.<br/>
You can replay in italian if you like.<br/>
<br/>
Regards<br/>
<br/>
Bnv</t>