Community discussions

MikroTik App

lkushalu
just joined
Topic Author

How can i make my Lan stable (low ping latency) when my internet bandwidth is fully utilized

Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Hi all. I am a bit new to mikrotik. How can i make sure that my LAN is unaffected even when my the internet bandwidth is fully utilized. I connected two AP to the router. My clients connect through the AP. I set up hotspot to manage bandwidth allocation but when ever my internet bandwidth is fully utilized, the whole network becomes slow and sometimes unresponsive. I need a solution please

solar77
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: How can i make my Lan stable (low ping latency) when my internet bandwidth is fully utilized

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:25 pm

simple solution would be add a gigabit switch between the AP, then connect the switch to the router.

now, since this is a Mikrotik forum,
what hardware and firmware version are you on?
have you monitored the router CPU when internet is fully utilised? if it's high then router is too busy and consider an upgrade.
things might help
check all your LAN port is on the same bridge and hardware offload enabled on the bridge.
depending on that routerboard you are using, make sure the two APs are connected to the same switch chip so that traffic between them should be wire speed.

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How can i make my Lan stable (low ping latency) when my internet bandwidth is fully utilized

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi

Do I mean to give priority to lan traffic to/from internet over the hotspot traffic?

If so what is needed is queueing, https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Queue. There are two options "Simple Queue" & Queue tree.First is incompatible with FastTrack (a method for optimisation of traffic processing).

Post your current config to clarify your current situation (/export hide-sensitive compact).