Community discussions

MikroTik App

Mvorobev
just joined
Topic Author

ICMP Problem with wireless bridge.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:22 am

Good day, everyone.
Have some problems with icmp( and tcp) passing traffic.
That i have:
1. Mikrotik HAP 951 2Uhd( router)
2. Mikrotik HAP 951 2Uhd (station in wireless bridge)
2. Mikrotik Basebox 2 912 2 Uhd (bridge in wireless bridge)
3. 2 notebook(A,B) in role " user machine"
It`s test stand. Mission: from notebook A send and recieve file from notebook B.
schema: router( also it DHCP server) connected to notebook A(cable) and Basebox2, basebox and Station mikrotik connected through wireless bridge ( nv 2 protocol). Notebook B conneted to Station mkrotik with cable
When it all work i have: Bridge connected to Station ( IP address on them set manualy), Notebook A and B(!) receice ip adrees from router.
BUT! I can`t ping notebook B from any device ( router, basebox2,notebook A) with time out massage, From notebook A can`t ping notebook B and vice versa. From Station i can ping both notebook. Ping on IP address.
Configuration was clean ( without default config) , only sat up bridge on Basebox and Station and 1 route 0.0.0.0/24 through port bridge 1.
i cab understand what i do wrong. Please Help. New with mikrotik.

emilst
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: ICMP Problem with wireless bridge.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:52 am

Hello, you need to use mode: station-bridge.
Mode station
This is standard mode that does not support L2 bridging on station - attempts to put wireless interface in bridge will not produce expected results. On the other hand this mode can be considered the most efficient and therefore should be used if L2 bridging on station is not necessary - as in case of routed or MPLS switched network. This mode is supported for all wireless protocols.

You can read more about this here: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:W ... ion-bridge

Mvorobev
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:27 pm

Thanks!
Now ping is working all over the place.
But another "problem"
Speed of transfering files between notebook about 700 Kb\s. Something tell me that it must be better.
UPD: Notebook A after transmiting files ,can`t ping Note book B Again. BUT Notebook B can ping every address test build.( mirror situation to the starting problem)
UPD#2 : reboot notebook A resolve problem. speed from B to A 1,1 Mb\s.

emilst
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:29 am

Try to remove the bridges and route the traffic. Remember to put back the mode - station, if the traffic is now routed.