Community discussions

MikroTik App

sunshine1494
just joined
Topic Author

Error in Smtp settings for mail client (Outlook, eM Client, Mozila Thunderbird)

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:39 am

Hi, this is my first post in the forum. I am facing a problem i don't have any clue about it. I can not setup my mail account in outlook as i get the error message (Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing email server), then i have tried eMclient, Mozila thunderbird and the default Windows 10 Mail Apps with changing port number 25, 465, 587 for both IMAP and POP3. I can send my mail through web interface and outlook mobile apps without any problem and i also can access the mail through outlook outside my network. I check my Laptop by connecting it directly to the MC and then I realize that the problem was in my Mikrotik as the mail client was working fine there. I am new to Mikrotik and know almost nothing about it, therefore I have discussed the issue with my ISP vendor, and they waste their one full day to find the root cause of the problem, and get nothing. Therefore we have factory reset the router and start with a fresh setting but the problem is still exist. What can I do now to resolve the problem ?

I am using MIKROTIK RB3011UIAS-RM and my mail is hosted in cloud.