Community discussions

MikroTik App

itman2000my
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik Client OpenVPN Only For 1 Destination

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi All, Need yr help in solving one issue for me.

I hv a RB2011UAS-2HND-IN and a Synology DS916+. Using the Synology package Cloud Sync to Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage.
For the start of using Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage, all transfer was working well!

However, this couple of weeks, i found that data transfer to Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage hv stopped and data transfer only starts at night (Malaysian 9pm, GMT+8). After doing some trouble shooting with the local ISP, seems that there is some routing congestion! (Attachment: Routing.png). I am getting the local ISP to resolve this in the meantime, however, knowing local ISP speed of service, my data transfer to Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage is backlogged and the data transfer rate i'm seeing now is 9Mbits (day time) and abt 15Mbits (night time).

My question here is:
Is there anyway for RB2011 using OpenVPN Client to connect to a US server and route the traffic for ONLY a few destination host, in this case: secure.backblaze.com, api001.backblazeb2.com, etc?

If possible, pls provide generic steps for this issue?

TQ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bramwittendorp
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Mikrotik Client OpenVPN Only For 1 Destination

Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:57 pm

This would definitely be possible by adding a static route for a /32 address (ex.: 1.1.1.1/32) specifying the next-hop address as the other end of the OVPN tunnel.