Community discussions

MikroTik App

jamoffit
just joined
Topic Author

switching wan interface on hap ac lite

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:01 pm

anyone have a simple way to switch my wan interface to port 5 on a hap ac lite version 6.43.8? new interface list is confusing me as I'm just learning this OS.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: switching wan interface on hap ac lite

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:11 pm

Use winbox.
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)

Reinis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: switching wan interface on hap ac lite  [SOLVED]

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:13 pm

anyone have a simple way to switch my wan interface to port 5 on a hap ac lite version 6.43.8? new interface list is confusing me as I'm just learning this OS.
It depends on whether other end of your ether5 will have dhcp-server on it. If yes, then:
/ip dhcp-client add interface=ether5
// To add the interface as DHCP-Client, by default it will add peer DNS advertisements and add default-route to your configuration.
Now edit/check your NAT settings to be sure that your LAN traffic is forwarded correctly.
Other changes will depend on your current settings, so if you still have problems, post the configuration.

jamoffit
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:47 pm

It depends on whether other end of your ether5 will have dhcp-server on it. If yes, then:
/ip dhcp-client add interface=ether5
// To add the interface as DHCP-Client, by default it will add peer DNS advertisements and add default-route to your configuration.
Now edit/check your NAT settings to be sure that your LAN traffic is forwarded correctly.
Other changes will depend on your current settings, so if you still have problems, post the configuration.

Thank you, quite helpful. Though I'm still learning the command line, this did point me in the right direction. changed DHCP-Client to ether5 and changed firewall rules (conveniently labeled in red) and changed NAT rule (again conveniently labeled in red).

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:40 pm

You also have to reconfigure bridge ports ... you don't want WAN and LAN traffic mixed on same bridge. So remove ether5 ftom bridge (and add ether1 if you want to use it as LAN port).
BR,
Metod