Community discussions

zaza355N
just joined
Topic Author

LTE passthrough winbox issue

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:11 pm

Hello everybody
I have a problem :
I have lgh lte. It works fine in router mode and when I assign passthrough to ether1 I works fine too but I can't access anymore to the lhg via winbox or web.

The only way was to reset it
What should I do to get the access back?
And also what is the purpose of the button called "mode" next to reset ? How to use it ?

Thank you

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LTE passthrough winbox issue

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:26 pm

Hi

with passthrough, all packets from the bound host (based on associated mac) will be forwarded to lte device.
So if you use same port to manage the lte device as the one receiving the "lte signal", connectivity will be lost indeed.

Two options:
* passthrough to a vlan, and have other main interface or other vlan as management
* passthrough to interface (ex: ether1) but make sure the management connection doesn't originate from same mac. This can be accomplished by using different device on same network, or putting a (software) bridge in between with different mac address.

mark129
just joined

Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:47 pm

* passthrough to interface (ex: ether1) but make sure the management connection doesn't originate from same mac. This can be accomplished by using different device on same network, or putting a (software) bridge in between with different mac address.

I'm interested into this option: may you kindly take care to elaborate a tad more, even using wiki links?
For instance, what did you mean for "different device on same network"? Or which IP and which interfaces should/could be assigned to the newly created bridge?

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:29 am

have tried the search feature? https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... gh_Example

LTE pass-through is locked to specific MAC (either given or chosen), so communication from another MAC on same subnet is not affected (hijacked), and router can be reached.

wrt bridge, on the client side an additional bridge, with manually set MAC (different from interface mac connected to LTE) is needed. That bridge should contain only 1 interface: the interface connected to LTE. Do note: in this config the brdige will NOT be hardware accelerated, but mgmt traffic is normally low volume, so not an issue.

GonePhishing
just joined

Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:28 pm

Hi sebastia,

I have encountered this passthrough issue with RBwAPR-2nD R11e-LTE-US. I created a VLAN interface "vlan-management" using interface "ether1" to try to prevent the loss of connectivity to the router. I then added an IP to the "vlan-management" interface and could connect through that interface. I disabled the bridge that ether1 was on so that it was not a slave anymore and could still connect to my router through "vlan-management" interface. After enabling passthrough on the router on ether1 (this router only has 1 ethernet port) I lose connectivity via "vlan-management" shortly after. Any suggestions? I thought that my setup was correctly following https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... gh_Example.

Thank you

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:34 pm

in your case the vlan / mgmt traffic is caring same mac as passthrough, and hence gets hijacked by lte interface.

in current setup you'll need a bridge with other mac for the vlan

OR

reverse the config: mgmt over "plain" eth and passthrough over vlan without extra bridge