Community discussions

MikroTik App

cbaron
just joined
Topic Author

hAP ac and PCQ not working

Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:41 am

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question but this is the first time I've used MT equipment.

I have a hAP ap device running OS v6.40.8 and I am trying to get PCQ working on a very simple level to share WAN upload/download bandwidth evenly between all clients on the LAN and WLAN.

Fundamentall I want 1 client gets all bandwidth, 2 clients get 50% each, 3 clients get 33.3% each, etc. From what I've read on the Wiki and this forum that seems the funtion on PCQ queues but most of the examples in the Wiki relate to older versions of the OS so can't be implemented in 6.40 :-(

My setup is :

WAN : ether1_WAN (connected to internet) - actual line is 300Mbps down/35Mbps up but want to restrict clients behind hAP to 25Mb down/2Mb up
LAN : Connected to ether2_LAN, IP range 192.168.0.0/24

Based on the example at https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Q ... Q_Examples I have created the following :
/queue type add name="PCQ_download" kind=pcq pcq-rate=25M pcq-classifier=dst-address
/queue type add name="PCQ_upload" kind=pcq pcq-rate=2M pcq-classifier=src-address
/queue simple add target-addresses=192.168.0.0/24 queue=PCQ_upload/PCQ_download

All the commands are accepted in Telnet and I can see the queue types and simply queue in Webfig so it does seem to be creating everything ok but then when I run speedtest.net test from a client at 192.168.0.250 connected to the ether2_LAN port on the hAP I get the full 300/35 bandwidth not the expected 25/2 so obviously as a newbie I'm missing something that actually kicks these queues into action.

Any advice would be appreciated.

macgaiver
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: hAP ac and PCQ not working

Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:47 am

Are you sure you are not running Fasttrack firewall rule? if that is used queues are skipped. Disable it, reboot to clear it from conntrack table,

cbaron
just joined
Topic Author

Re: hAP ac and PCQ not working

Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:21 pm

Thanks Macgaiver, Fasttrack was enabled (must be an out-of the-box default) so as you suggested I disabled it and rebooted. Oddly the simple queue rule was shown disabled after reboot but I re-enabled it and it all works great, rate limiting as expected :-)

Thank-you for your help!