Community discussions

MikroTik App

ByMick
just joined
Topic Author

Redirecting Static IPs please help!

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:49 am

My ISP provided me of 5 static IPs, and I want to NAT each one to one private IP.

This is the scenario:

I have the following ones

xxx.xxx.xxx.123 xxx.xxx.xxx.124 xxx.xxx.xxx.125 xxx.xxx.xxx.126 xxx.xxx.xxx.127

And I want to redirect all that comes to each one of those to private range ones as 192.168.1.123 , 124, 125, 126 and 127.

I created the nat rules but when I try to enter on the public IP to call my server, it always appears the RouterOS welcome page, not my servers's one.

Is there any clue? Thanks in advance!

razortas

Re: Redirecting Static IPs please help!

Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:47 am

Hi, You have two options you can turn off port 80 web in IP services or you can dst-nat using ports other than 80.
I would suggest if you still want access to router via web then change the web port in ip services.

vecernik87
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Redirecting Static IPs please help!

Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:01 am

the DST-NAT happens in prerouting chain (before it is decided whether to forward or input the packet),
therefore you don't need to modify port 80 in web interface in
/ip service
. It can stay as it is because DST-NAT rules will divert the packet before it reaches the input. (however if your web interface is available from outside, I would consider it as giant security risk. It should always be accessible only from trusted IP or interface.)

As always, it would be much easier to understand what did you set up, if you share your config with command
/export hide-sensitive
. You can find&replace all public IP or other sensitive info. No need to replace private IP - they are not unique or identifying

Also, together with sharing your config, please show us your
/ip firewall nat print stats
. That should prove, whether the traffic gets DST-NATted or not (i assume it does not, because it wouldn't show you the RouterOS webpage)