Community discussions

RodrigoBrito
just joined
Topic Author

NAT problems - Xbox One and Nintendo Switch

Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:40 pm

Good morning everyone.

I do not understand NOTHING of Mikrotik and I am looking for help about a specific situation where I did not find help on the internet. I apologize for the lack of technical terms.

The situation is as follows: I live in a condominium and hired a company to do the following installation: we signed 4 internet links 100/30 MB, which "enter" the Mikrotik (model RouterBOARD 750G r3) at the concierge, and a cable "exits" Mikrotik, going to a switch right there at the gate. This switch, sends 4 or 5 network cables to the condominium posts, and we have another 4 or 5 switches on the poles, from which network cables go straight to the houses. Inside the house, I use a router (TP-LINK TL-WR849N) where it is necessary to put a user and password to authenticate.

Regarding usage, everything works very well: navigation, downloads, streaming, apps and etc, all in a satisfactory way.

The only drawback would be in relation to video games, more specifically online games:

- PS4: downloads are ok, rare connection errors with other users and allows online game in a satisfactory way;

- Xbox One: downloads ok, some connection errors, and shows the NAT as "strict", in addition to "double NAT detected"

- Nintendo Switch: here is the main problem ... downloads are ok, but it is practically impossible to play online ... I mention Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as an example. The game establishes a connection, but in match search it returns an error: "Could not connect to other consoles. There was a transverse NAT error."

I am absolutely sure that the errors occur due to our internet "scheme", since before, when each resident had his own ADSL internet, none of this happened.

Anyway, I strongly encourage you all to help me solve this problem, and I will asap provide any clarification. Thank you.