Community discussions

MikroTik App

bembel
just joined
Topic Author

Need help with APN Config (basic set up) r11e-LTE-US - beginner level

Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:37 pm

I just got the R11e-LTE router with built in modem and I can find info on the basic APN configuration process? I have looked for a beginner level set up guide and everything seems more complicated now - im hoping someone can take a second to help out a non-network minded beginner

I have a Red Pocket Sim card - data only, ( runs on ATT ) which has already been activated (on an old iPhone)

I called Red pocket tech support and they gave me this info to configure the APN but I do not see how/where to enter this information using RouterOS v 6.40.8

Per your request, SIM ICCID 8901410427186******* has been activated.

Your new Red Pocket Mobile number: ****225261

Please make sure to download your APN at http://goredpocket.com/configure or you can manually configure your APN using the following settings:

Name Red Pocket Mobile
APN RESELLER
Proxy Not set
Port Not set
Username Not set
Password Not set
Server Not set
MMSC http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port 80
MCC 310
MNC 410
Authentication Type None
APN Type Default,mms,supl
APN Protocol IPv4
Bearer Unspecified

can you please help me understand the process and show me screen shots of the configuration process

Thank you

William

wwalcher
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Need help with APN Config (basic set up) r11e-LTE-US - beginner level

Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:25 am

Did you find a fix for this? I just bought a Red Pocket SIM and am having the same trouble.

juliendrty
just joined

Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:09 pm

Same here, according to my provider, I need to configure apn AND a proxy.
Cant figure how to give a proxy ip to Mikroik RouterOS

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:56 pm

I not know why I write this but... maybe you really need that how to, step by step instruction.
I just go to documentation at https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... N_profiles

You need a computer with Windows, download WinBox from mikrotik.com/software.
Power your device by PoE Adapter and Injector.

Connect to RouterBoard like RBLHDR per WinBox.
Best way is discover your RB via Neigtboards tab, select Mac Address or IP Address and press Connect.
Remember to change add new admin and remove default admin in future.

The Easiest way:
Press QuickSet, type proper APN and press OK.
In this scenario you can provide PIN but you not select any Auth like PAP/CHAP to use Username&Password, you not specify other APN details. This should work in general.

More Manual way.

Prepare your APN settings, you can do few version here. One of them is Default.
Go to Manu Interface > LTE tab > LTE APNs button (Step 1,2,3)
LTE APNs window give you option to edit default one setting or create additional APN settings or 2x click at default one and by Copy button you can create few APN Differ Settings Policy - for e.g. when your SXTR have 2 SIM slot and then you want have two APNs settings for SIM-A and SIM-B.
I show you edition of default one, 2x click on it and see the new "LTE APN <default>" (Step 4)

Name - it's name, each one APNs settings should have differ name.
APN: - here you put your APN name e.g. RESELLER. In EMEA\EU we use "internet" who works for 90% ISP/MNO on market.
IP Type: in 99% you want this IPv4, you can ask your ISP/MNO what IP addressation he give, IPv4 or IPv6 or maybe both. You can do few APNs and check each one by one or change your default one.
Use Peer DNS - use DNS server from ISP/MNO - recommended because when your $ =0 then some MNO/ISP open you some hotspot page with information like "Agree paymants in 3days" etc. You can disable this but you must go to IP > DNS and put some own DNS servers like 8.8.8.8 etc.
Authentication: = none -> means Username&Password are not set and not check. Some ISP give you PAP or CHAP auth method still without username&password and some other give PAP|CHAP with some specific username&password. Many ISP/MNO give differ offers and settings.
OK button -> Allow+Close action in one button. Please not click Allow+OK who do 2x Allow action.

Assign your one or few APN Settings to lte1 inteface
Open WinBox menu Interface > LTE tab > 2x click on your lte1 interface (Step 1,2,3)
Select in APN Profile list and select one of prev. created , or only one default one field and press OK button.
Done.
You can see litle arrow at right of APN Profile: - yes you can select e.g. 2x APN at the same time and if Your ISP/MNO is ok with that you can receive 2x IPv4 or other configuration.

I hope this help you.
Last edited by SiB on Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:00 pm

juliendrty
Same here, according to my provider, I need to configure apn AND a proxy.
Cant figure how to give a proxy ip to Mikroik RouterOS
Proxy is not for do a LTE connection. You can receive a connection, receive IP Addressation and DNS from your ISP and after that maybe that PROXY will need be used into Browsers.
The Proxy is mostly used for MMS, not internet.
Give us more detail, best will be webpage with that details from your ISP/MNO webpage.