Community discussions

MikroTik App

kokaKorina
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

disable PPPoE connections go to html page

Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:53 pm

Hello everyone I have a question we are mid tier wisp we do not have radius server nor we user manager of mikrotik. We have pppoe connection on the tower and we do billing manually by enabling and disabling secret. But now we just want a simple http page so if we disable a secret so they just go to that html page and contact us . Is there any way to do it?
All replies are appreciated!!!

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: disable PPPoE connections go to html page

Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:23 am

Without radius etc, one way would be to change the remote address on their secret - i.e. have an 'internal' / 'suspended' pool thats not a public IP that they get, then in your mikrotik have mangle rules for any traffic from that range to be redirected to your server where the HTML page is.

kokaKorina
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:43 am

Without radius etc, one way would be to change the remote address on their secret - i.e. have an 'internal' / 'suspended' pool thats not a public IP that they get, then in your mikrotik have mangle rules for any traffic from that range to be redirected to your server where the HTML page is.
Thanks for replying Joegoldman can we have that html page in mikrotik in case we do not have any server ? Did you have this setup in your wisp or your network?

2frogs
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:13 am

You could use the Hotspot. In ip-bindings, set your active customers IP's to bypass. Now do as @joegoldman suggest and change their IP to a Hotspot IP and they will get captured by the Hotspot and served the login.html page.

kokaKorina
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:15 pm

Thanks 2forgs
I had another confusion so that's why I changed the topic to unsolved if I already had PPPoE server on my ether 3 for example Do I have to create a hotspot on ether 3 and what about the profile and username etc I am confused with the configuration could you explain it a little bit more it is not making any sense for me.
Thanks