Community discussions

MikroTik App

RuralComms
just joined
Topic Author

CCR1016-12G VPN to discover ubiquiti radios for UNMS

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:33 pm

Hi,

Please excuse me as a newbie, I have had a good look at the guides and can't find the answer. I am trying to access my internal local network (both the 10.0.0.x and 170.0.0.x) via my VPN, I have set up a PN on the same address as my UNMS software and so I can now access (via the VPN) my winbox/MikroTik Mobile from anywhere but I can't get access through the Mik to the local network, ideally I want to use UNMS discovery tool [LINK REMOVED] to find all the ubiquiti radios on my network and then adopt them to the tool.

I have done a very basic diagram of the network to show the routing, please let me know what else you need, I don't want to open the network to all and at present only the IP of my VPN can see the network remotely, I have also added the port set-up showing the VLAN's and PPPoe sessions.

Many thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steveocee
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CCR1016-12G VPN to discover ubiquiti radios for UNMS

Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:00 pm

You won't be able to use discovery tool unless you use some kind of EOIP solution. UBNT discovery requires being on the same broadcast network which you won't be going in through VPN even though you can access the IP's.

kiaunel
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:26 pm

Setup VPN as ethernet mode and it will work. I use ehernet to discover mikrotik devices and works just fine. No doubt on ubiquity will work too

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

RuralComms
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:23 pm

Thanks kiaunel, no problem in setting up the VPN but any pointers/guide on how best to configure Mik router would be very gratefully received … pretty sure it is getting stuck in the firewall somewhere at present.

RuralComms
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:58 am

Would really like to just get access to my local network remotely, concerned about going to Fiverr as everyone is a 'Mik Expert', reaching out to anyone who wants a bit of consultancy work (happy to pay) with the 2 goals 1. To gain VPN access to the local network so I can log into local radio's and routers and 2 to help me set up a 4G failover so that I can retain access even if the fibre network fails