Community discussions

MikroTik App

dszmaj
just joined
Topic Author

[RB4011] can't connect to Ethernet, no Wifi

Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:47 pm

Hello,

I've bought RB4011 with wifi and tried starting it the first time but without success... Here is what I've tried:
  • no wifi broadcasting, tested on 3 different devices
  • tried connecting WAN to eth1 from another router, this other router don't see it connected
  • tv can't connect with cable
  • i've tried connecting from computer with ethernet but every computer is stuck connecting
  • i've tried using Winbox and connecting with MAC when connected with cable to many ports, no success, with any of the 2 addresses on the bottom of router
  • it's getting pretty hot for a device this small without load on it..
  • i've tried hard reset with the button on the router, pushing 3 and 5 seconds when connecting power to the router, no success
Does anyone have an idea other than to return it to the seller?

Regards,
Dominik

Reinis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: [RB4011] can't connect to Ethernet, no Wifi

Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:52 pm

Please use the Netinstall utility to reinstall the device:
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Netinstall

Make sure to enable the checkbox "Apply default config"

If it still fails, please attach console cable to the back of your device and log the output of the device during the boot
Settings for console are: 115200bit/s, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, flow control=none by default.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:10 pm

Assuming you bought this new correct?
The router works out of the box with default settings.
Ether1 connect to wan and Ether2-5 for example are bridged to a LAN 192.168.88.1
In other words you can first connect your PC to ether2 and you can then use winbox to access the router.

For resetting, basically you hold the reset button down, then plug in the device and wait for the user light to start blinking.
Once it starts blinking let go of the reset button and wait about a minute for the router to reboot.
If this doesnt work then the advice of the previous poster is probably required.

(so download the latest version of firmware AND winbox before you do anything).
(Once you have connected via winbox ALWAYS ALWAYS do this one thing - activate/ENABLE teh SAFE MODE button at the top of the Winbox menu)
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)

dszmaj
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:18 am

ok, so I finally successfully connected to router and fixed this thing :D

I was forced to try this netinstall and it didn't work on macos... but manual ipv4 configuration according to manual caused device connecting with my computer, and I was able to connect via winbox and fix configuration.

Problem existed because WAN expected static IP configuration on 0.0.0.0, as well as dhcp, bridge, nat and other things were disabled etc.

Thank you for helpful suggestions guys :)