Community discussions

MikroTik App

enggheisar
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Re: RB2011UiAS CPU load 100% and only 20Mb traffic

Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:33 pm

Your configuration should be lot more optimized than what its here.
There could be lots of reason for your cpu exhausting problem with this kind of configuration.
I would just name one of them because it takes time to review all of them. You should not use content in the way you are using it.
using the content in advance tab takes so much process because it needs to inspect every single packet ..............

vecernik87
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:08 am

Duplicate of viewtopic.php?f=13&t=147535 ? I already gave you answer there and surprise-surprise - its almost same as what @enggheisar said here.

Anyway, as long as you apply "content" or "layer7" matchers on EVERY PACKET (your prerouting mangle rules are matching "content" and are applied to every packet), it will cause enormous CPU load on any router.

Sure, CCR1009 will perform much better because instead of 1*600MHz CPU, it has 9*1000MHz or 9*1200MHz (depending on model) To simplify it, CCR will have 15 to 18 times more raw processing power than your RB2011.
Trying to extrapolate results to your situation: if you are currently getting 20Mbit maximum with 100% CPU load, you should be able to get up to 300-360Mbit with 100% CPU load.

This, however, does not change a fact that you are really wasting resources and probably not even achieving what you intended. (because your rules are sniffing single packets instead of marking connections and then sniffing whole connection)

With correct configuration, I am certain you should be able to get your full speed from provider (100Mbit) without any issue.

enggheisar
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:25 am

Hello, thanks for the response. The company is going to make an upgrade, the mikrotik ccr1009-7g-1c-pc with this configuration can go?
I am not an expert in mikrotik and the configuration was not made by me.
Even with CCR1009 you still dealing with slow network. because your configuration is not optimize at all.
Your problem is not about the device resource, its about configuration.