I've just noticed the following behaviour on a 6.44.3-equiped CRS328-24P:
- CRS328 is set in router mode with ether1 as a DHCP-configured WAN port
- all other etherXX, sfpplus-XX interfaces belong to bridge-named bridge
- a dhcp1 DHCP server is running on this "bridge" interface.
When I remove ether2 from bridge, dhcp1 server becomes invalid.
When I restore ether2 bridge membership, dhcp1 server becomes valid.
When I remove any other etherXX from bridge (XX being different from1 or 2), dhcp1 remains valid.
Under the hood, it seems ether2 has a specific role.
1. How can I assign this role on next available interface or any other ethernet interface (ether3, ether4) and let ether2 becomes a secondary DHCP-configured WAN port ?
2. Have you met unpleasant side effect (troubling sfpplus ports configuration, ...) when assigning WAN ports to latest etherXX ports (ether24, ether23, ...) ?