Community discussions

darkuek
just joined
Topic Author

Open all ports on all devises

Mon May 13, 2019 6:29 am

hello,
i need your help for the below setup.

I have 3 mikrotik routers the main one with default gate of 192.168.1.1 and the second one witch is connected to my pc and for wireless with default gate way of 192.168.5.1 as a bridge.

I want to open all ports on all devices for my home using the main router, and my other routers get affected by the main one.

For example: all ports open on 192.168.1.1 and for that reason 192.168.5.10 and 192.168.3.10 also get open ports form the main router.

Best regards.

k6ccc

Re: Open all ports on all devises

Mon May 13, 2019 4:02 pm

You have given us so little information to go on. For starters, either give us more details on how your three routers are connected to each other, the internet, and your devices - or better yet, a drawing.
Second, export your config on all three routers and post here so we can see what you are doing. Lastly, what are you trying to accomplish? For example by open all ports, are you talking about the physical ports of the routers or IP ports?
RB750Gr3, RB750r2, CRS326-24G-2S (in SwitchOS), CSS326-24G-2S, CSS106-5G-1S, RB260GS
Not sure if I beat them in submission, or they beat me into submission

Jim

darkuek
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 15, 2019 4:33 am

i want to port forward games IP so i have NAT TYPE OPEN. and my setup is 1 router 2 bridges.
I already port forward all ports for my PC but i dont want it for my PC only i want it with all devices connected to my router and bridges.
This is what i did. i want to cover all devices not one. cover all devices from my router to my bridges, for example all devices connected to main router has NAT TYPE OPEN and also device connected to my bridges NAT TYPE OPEN.
I tryed to do addresses range 192.168.1.10-192.168.1.254 but it dont work it only work for specific addresses
Last edited by darkuek on Wed May 15, 2019 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

darkuek
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 15, 2019 4:35 am

You have given us so little information to go on. For starters, either give us more details on how your three routers are connected to each other, the internet, and your devices - or better yet, a drawing.
Second, export your config on all three routers and post here so we can see what you are doing. Lastly, what are you trying to accomplish? For example by open all ports, are you talking about the physical ports of the routers or IP ports?
I did the same rule for UDP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

k6ccc

Wed May 15, 2019 5:21 am

It does not work that way. A NAT forwards to a target IP. However in most situations, if the game is talking to a server somewhere else, the client initiates the connection and the router will forward responses to the IP that originated the request. No special setup is normally required. If you are setting up a game server that other people will connect to, you need to set up port forwarding for the specific ports or port ranges to that server. These are in general terms since you still are being very vague. However don't bother telling me what game it is as it would be meaningless to me.
RB750Gr3, RB750r2, CRS326-24G-2S (in SwitchOS), CSS326-24G-2S, CSS106-5G-1S, RB260GS

Jim

Anumrak
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Open all ports on all devises  [SOLVED]

Wed May 15, 2019 11:12 am

It does not work that way. A NAT forwards to a target IP. However in most situations, if the game is talking to a server somewhere else, the client initiates the connection and the router will forward responses to the IP that originated the request. No special setup is normally required. If you are setting up a game server that other people will connect to, you need to set up port forwarding for the specific ports or port ranges to that server. These are in general terms since you still are being very vague. However don't bother telling me what game it is as it would be meaningless to me.
Wrong. Author of the topic wanted to open ports to his client side, in order to game servers from outside could make a connections to him in order to provide connectivity to other users.

To author - you need to get ports of games you're gonna use and forward these to your devices.

In order to pass though the NATed traffic from your first router, you don't need to build second nat rules on your second router, you just need to setup simple routing between them: after dstnat work, fist router just have to know a route to a host you want provide traffic to. After routing decision, packet with source IP of server and destination of needed 192.168.*.* host, will flow to it. If you have more questions, just ask here.

k6ccc

Wed May 15, 2019 5:30 pm

I clearly have no understanding of what he is trying to do. However I have never had any interest in on line gaming, so no idea how those kind of things work. I've never heard of a client / server type system where the server initiates the connection (which is why normal consumer routers work for most internet uses without any manual port forwarding).

Jim