Community discussions

fusioninfo
just joined
Topic Author

VPN PPTP Passthrough Problem

Mon May 13, 2019 8:11 pm

Hello, i have a rather simple setup here with a Mikrotik router, and a SBS 2008 with a PPTP vpn server. I'm trying to get pptp vpn passthrough to work, but it doesn't seem to work. Port 1723 forwarding seems to work, but data doesn't seem to pass through. I've seen many references to a PPTP helper, which i never found in the settings with current firmware. Is it gre related ? I've also created a rule to forward gre, didn't help

Anyone could help me out on this ? thanks

inteq
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: VPN PPTP Passthrough Problem

Tue May 14, 2019 1:31 pm

Mikrotik has its own PPTP server. I would use that one instead of the one on the SBS. In case you have user accounts on SBS, setup a Radius server on SBS and authenticate from Mikrotik.
In case you want to keep the PPTP server on SBS, make sure you do not have it active on Mikrotik as well.
Would also check if the firewall on SBS allows incoming connections for PPTP.

vecernik87
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed May 15, 2019 9:58 am

Do you have both rules in NAT table (chain dst-nat, action dst-nat) and FILTER table (chain forward, action accept)?
Or even better - can you export related rules or whole ip/firewall?
/ip firewall export hide-sensitive file=asdf.txt
Once you download file, feel free to hide any sensitive data before you share it

Anumrak
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed May 15, 2019 11:29 am

Hello, i have a rather simple setup here with a Mikrotik router, and a SBS 2008 with a PPTP vpn server. I'm trying to get pptp vpn passthrough to work, but it doesn't seem to work. Port 1723 forwarding seems to work, but data doesn't seem to pass through. I've seen many references to a PPTP helper, which i never found in the settings with current firmware. Is it gre related ? I've also created a rule to forward gre, didn't help

Anyone could help me out on this ? thanks
Hey, do you have your wan ip address from global range or from private?

fusioninfo
just joined
Topic Author

Thu May 16, 2019 12:30 am

Hello, sorry about the delay on this reply. I'm pulling my hair for days just trying to get this to work, now i was working on getting pptp vpn to work from mikrotik, but it doesn't work still. I can ping only the mikrotik when the user is connected, i have tried setting proxy-arp on the local interfaces, also created some rule for the gre, tried many different post suggestions for nat masquerade, nothing works. i really need help here !!