Community discussions

MikroTik App

SimPos
just joined
Topic Author

How to reserve IP in mikrotik hex poe lite

Tue May 28, 2019 7:18 pm

Hello, I'm using a translator:

I have a Mikrotik hex poe lite rb750upr2, DHCP is active, and wanted to reserve two fixed IP (DVR).

I found the instruction where to book, it would be in IP> DHCP Server> Leases> +

However, the router requires that IP already exist in the lease, as I informed the two DVR are fixed IP, so will not appear in the lease of the router, so how to proceed?

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to reserve IP in mikrotik hex poe lite

Tue May 28, 2019 9:05 pm

As long as you have the mac address of the devices you can add them manually in winbox.

AlainCasault
Trainer
Trainer

Tue May 28, 2019 9:35 pm

Hello

If I understood you correctly, the DVRs have hardcoded IP addresses.

In that case, I would just click the add button, use all 0's for the mac and input the reserved IP's on the IP address field. That way, those two addresses will never be handed out.

Sent from my cell phone. Sorry for the errors.

ingdaka
Trainer
Trainer

Tue May 28, 2019 9:45 pm

1st option: go to: IP > DHCP Server > Leases, find IP, right click and make static
2nd option: go to: IP > DHCP Server > Pool nad make changes as picture below to exclude those IP from Pool

Example Excluded IP form 172.16.100.111 to 172.16.100.115

SimPos
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 29, 2019 5:49 am

I did as they requested, inserting the MAC it allowed to reserve the IP, thank you

But now comes another question, did you reserve it? Does it have that same "wating" status reserved? Remembering that the two DVRs are already in the network, only they are fixed IP
Capturar.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 29, 2019 2:01 pm

If devices (DVR) are statically configured with IP addresses, then DHCP server will not see request for address from those devices. The status column refers to how DHCP server sees the status, not how devices are using IP addresses in question.
The whole point of the exercise above is to prevent DHCP server from assigning reserved IP address to some other device. Hence status of these leases will always be "waiting" ... unless you configure DVRs to use DHCP auto-configuration.

SimPos
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 29, 2019 7:06 pm

If devices (DVR) are statically configured with IP addresses, then DHCP server will not see request for address from those devices. The status column refers to how DHCP server sees the status, not how devices are using IP addresses in question.
The whole point of the exercise above is to prevent DHCP server from assigning reserved IP address to some other device. Hence status of these leases will always be "waiting" ... unless you configure DVRs to use DHCP auto-configuration.
Got it, thanks, but did I get to reserved?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to reserve IP in mikrotik hex poe lite  [SOLVED]

Wed May 29, 2019 10:01 pm

... did I get to reserved?
Yes. As the screenshot shows ... these two are on the list of leases, but don't show a 'D' in the status column ('D' stands for Dynamic) ... so they are static leases, reserved forever and won't get re-used as dynamic lease for any random client.