Community discussions

emtau
just joined
Topic Author

Captive portal for Wi-Fi users (no authentication, no internet)

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:18 am

Greetings, I've been browsing thru the forum but couldn't find the exact the solution to my problem.

Question:
How can I force Wi-Fi users to be redirected to a custom made HTML page that I made hosted on my PC with WAMP? No authentication required and no internet required.

Setup:
- PC connected to Mikrotik (hEX S) via Ethernet port 2
- Outdoor Access Point connected to Mikrotik (hEX S) via Ethernet port 3

Objected:
- I want to share my Movies etc...via basic LAN Sharing (Windows OS) to Wi-Fi users. but before they can browser my Shared content I want to redirect them first to a notice custom Webpage (simple HTML) as soon as they connect to my Wi-Fi (I want this every time they reconnect). No internet required just simple File Sharing through LAN only...also no authentication required from Wi-Fi users...I just want them to be redirected to my custom Webpage when connected to my WI-FI.

Since the Mikrotik hEX S router that I'm using doesn't have Wi-Fi built-in, I'm using the outdoor AP for Wi-Fi. So all Ethernet ports on Mikrotik are currently bridged for the AP to work. My PC doesn't have internet connection since no internet is required for my purpose (Only LAN Sharing).

Thank you I hope to hear from you good people soon.

AidanAus
just joined

Re: Captive portal for Wi-Fi users (no authentication, no internet)

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:30 am

IT might be a good idea to close off this thread or Offline custom landing page (Captive portal) for Wi-Fi users since you have doubled up and maybe bump the threads in the future rather than making new ones each day?

emtau
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:16 am

@AidanAus...I'm not quite sure what you're saying "bump the threads", I did post 2 of the same topic since my first post was taking so long for the admin to post it or not so I made a second one. I'm still waiting for the reply on my request since, like I said I was looking for the same topic but couldn't find it....unless you point me to it that'd be much appreciated.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:02 pm

@AidanAus...I'm not quite sure what you're saying "bump the threads", I did post 2 of the same topic since my first post was taking so long for the admin to post it or not so I made a second one. I'm still waiting for the reply on my request since, like I said I was looking for the same topic but couldn't find it....unless you point me to it that'd be much appreciated.
Hi, the easiest way to do this is to set up hotspot and remove/disable all the login options so that they can't log in. Then you can edit the hotspot login page to display whatever you want.

emtau
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:55 am

Really? Will this work without intetnet? Cos i've tried a few hotspot guides from here but most requires internet connection to work properly.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:57 pm

Really? Will this work without intetnet? Cos i've tried a few hotspot guides from here but most requires internet connection to work properly.
Yes it does - why would it not?

emtau
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:46 pm

Greetings mducharme,

Apologies for the doubt but like I said I'm new with this mikrotik and I've tried most hotspot tutorials from here but with no luck. Perhaps if you could please kindly show me how, step by step on how to accomplish this I would really really appreciate it.

My current setting is mikrotik's (IP of 192.168.1.254) default setting...I have PC (192.168.1.253) hosting my local website with Wamp Server connected to Ethernet port 2 on mikrotik, and the Outdoor Access Point (192.168.1.1) connected to mikrotik Ethernet port 3. Everything is in default setting so how can I start from here?

I just need the Wi-Fi users to connect to my Wi-Fi and Automatically opens up browser (like hotspot does) redirected to my local host website hosted on my PC with wamp server. That is all I need. I don't have internet connection.

Thank you I hope to get a reply from you good people soon.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:54 pm

Apologies for the doubt but like I said I'm new with this mikrotik and I've tried most hotspot tutorials from here but with no luck. Perhaps if you could please kindly show me how, step by step on how to accomplish this I would really really appreciate it.
What you want to do is very similar to the approach used to have the hotspot redirect to an external PHP page for login:

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/HotSpot_ ... login_page

Except instead of an external php page, you would redirect to the external webpage without the login options.

emtau
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:40 am

Thank you mducharme for your response,

I will certainly look into the link you've provided and I thank you for that...Its just that, based on my request and my capability using the mikrotik interface, what about the configuration on the router? like I said, I am very new to this mikrotik stuff and I feel like you skipped some simple steps before the steps on the link you've provided.

So please can you guide me through the config of the router before I can follow the guide on the link like you suggested...

Thank you.