Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

Smaldeel
just joined
Topic Author

SXT LTE Kit

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:48 pm

Good day,
I am new to the forum and i need help with programming of a SXT LTE kit.I have very limited knowledge of Mikrotik programming!
I need to use it with an Hikvision PTZ IP camera on a trailer remotely and see it on a cellphone,laptop and PC.I have installed a Vodacom sim card with 20 Gb data in the router,and supply it with 48 volt Poe from a 24 to 48 volt DC to DC converter.I also use a Hikvision NVR.
Do i need to install a VPN network in order to see the camera?
Kind regards,
Kobus
Kobus Steenkamp
Klein Smaldeel
Parys
South Africa

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SXT LTE Kit

Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:08 am

Hi

That depends on what ip you're getting from ISP (lte provider): is it "real" ip (so without any natting) or some CGNAT range ip (100.64.0.0/10).
If former you're good to go. If the latter, it will depend on:
* can your software call out from inside to some cloud / on-line server, then use that
* if not: you'll need a VPN to be able to get in from outside.

Regards

Smaldeel
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:32 pm

Hi Sebastia,Thanks for your reply.Please elaborate on the answer i need more info please?
Kobus Steenkamp
Klein Smaldeel
Parys
South Africa

SiB
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:47 am

@Sebastia ask you about some stuff but you write you "I not understand, write me more".

You should give us some info like:
SXT LTE kit have got two version, 3-7 with 1xSIM 1xETH and newer SXTR LTE kit with 2xSIM and 2xETH - what version you have?
You use only 1 SIM card or two and have some idea to move from a to b and to a .... like after reach SMS "limit, you have 0 GB" and do action like switch sim card.
You use some ISP and we don't know yoy have a Public IP or not.
We not know your Camera must have internal network and use access to own cloud via internet.
Maybe you plan do VPN from anyware to SXT PublicIP and reach camera via internal IP over VPN.

Many scenario must be done. MikroTik is good device for that person who know stg about networking. It's not a user-friendly and working out-of-box (not always).
MTCNA + MTCRE + MTCINE | ~600 users at ~150 RouterBoards in EMEA | Telegram: @SiB_PL | WebChat: Tokonda
WinBox Tip: F6 works as ALT+TAB | Gliffy.com - free network schematic | prnt.sc - free ScreenShot software