Community discussions

MikroTik App

drjarmin
just joined
Topic Author

Installed new SXT LTE kit - Whatsapp images can't send or receive

Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:43 pm

I've just installed an SXT LTE kit (Mikrotik model R11e-LTE) which seems to be working fine EXCEPT... if I send or receive WhatsApp pictures I can get the thumbnail but not the full image.

I've been Goggling and trawling this forum and seen other threads but don't understand the suggested solutions.

I have reset the config on the box and still have the same issue. I know its not my ISP as there is no problem using WhatsApp if I put the SIM into my old Asus 4G router.

Appreciate any help! I'm new to this system so at a bit of a lost how to proceed.

quackyo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Installed new SXT LTE kit - Whatsapp images can't send or receive

Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:08 pm

I guess that you by have gotten the news that facebook and whatsapp have /have had problem with their images.. :)

dirks
just joined

Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:49 pm

Yes thats funny. All my customers where i installed some wifi devices told me yesterday the WLAN does not work anymore. In fact they couldn't send or receive pictures with whats app... Yes, if FB services does not work anymore they judge the whole internet or the local wlan does not work in general.... :lol:

ingdaka
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:17 pm

Your "bad luck"! Installed internet access on that day! Not Mikrotik device fault!