Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

pfnunes
just joined
Topic Author

Access to server inside Lan behind the MikroTik

Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:25 pm

Hi. I have a problem.

My client has a server inside a LAN. I created a tunnel to connect to another server connected to MikroTik and everything works fine.

Now they have another server connected to a TP-Link router, but the client wants to connect to this server over VPN.

MikroTik ping the server, but when I connect over VPN with certificate the computer can not ping.
NOTE: I can not move this server to MikroTik because it has years of documentation and an application and can not be lost.

Thank for your attention.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Access to server inside Lan behind the MikroTik

Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:00 pm

Provide a diagram at least of the networking involved.
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)

JazzMaster

Re: Access to server inside Lan behind the MikroTik

Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi. I have a problem.

My client has a server inside a LAN. I created a tunnel to connect to another server connected to MikroTik and everything works fine.

Now they have another server connected to a TP-Link router, but the client wants to connect to this server over VPN.

MikroTik ping the server, but when I connect over VPN with certificate the computer can not ping.
NOTE: I can not move this server to MikroTik because it has years of documentation and an application and can not be lost.

Thank for your attention.
I would love to see a more detailed description with a diagram. I have something similar to this that needs to be addressed.