Community discussions

MikroTik App

Rok1215
just joined
Topic Author

VPN and IP Telephone connection problems

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:57 am

Hello,

I've been having this problem for some time, and I can't find a solution or fix it, and now I'm wondering if what I'm trying to achieve is possible. So at our office we use a 2011iLS-IN router, and we have a VPN L2TP, ipsec connection set up. We also have a Samsung OfficeServ 7200 PBX server, connected to the router, for our phone system, that allows us to have IP telephones connected to it, from a remote location, for example, at homes of our employees. The IP telephone connects trough the public IP of our network at the office, and so does the VPN connection.
The problem occurs when someone from a remote location, connects to the VPN, the IP telephone will be kicked off, and will become unresponsive. If you are on a call on the IP telephone, and you connect to the VPN, from the same home network, the IP telephone connection will be dropped. So first I though it was a firewall rule we had on the router, and I even set the whole router up again, thinking it would fix the problem, but it still acts the same.
So now I don't have any ideas left, and I'm wondering if this even is possible to work together, since both the IP phone and a device connecting trough the VPN, connect to the same public IP, from the same home network.
I hope anyone has any ideas and can help me with this.
Thanks.

ros44
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: VPN and IP Telephone connection problems  [SOLVED]

Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:58 pm

Check this, please: viewtopic.php?t=132823
If this is what you need, please, mark the topic as solved.

Rok1215
just joined
Topic Author

Re: VPN and IP Telephone connection problems

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:38 pm

I think that will help, very technical, so will need some time to try and implement it, but I think this is a solution. Thank you for sharing the link to the topic