Community discussions

Meeker1
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik Router Management via Web App

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:14 am

I need help in building a project. Let me first describe my project -

I want to build a Web application (using php / php framework(laravel) , html, css, javaScript, bootstrarp ) that will help ISP owner to manage their router (most of them use Mikrotik router).

Reason to build this App:

Most ISP provider here use Mikrotik router to manage their internet business. But managing the router using Winbox ( a desktop based windows software that is build to manage Mikrotik router) seems complex to them. Just for creating new ip to assign a new user, blocking a user if he/she do not pay bills and managing bandwidth they need to operate winbox every time which they find difficult. My approach is to build a web application that will ease their work.

The features I want to provide are-

Creating new IP address and addressing them to user (internet user / end user)
Manage bandwidth of an IP address
Block / Lock any particular IP address automatically (in this case any particular user) who have not paid their monthly bill on certain date of a month
Re-enabling blocked IP address on paying their dues automatically
Showing daily graph of bandwidth received and used Tell Subway

Recording client history (client IP address, Monthly rent, Name, Address etc.)

Recording payment history of client
Auto bill calculation / due calculation
Auto sort out of due users of months
I am able to do 6 - 9 features as described but I have no idea how to implement 1 - 5 features !

Problem That I am facing :

a. I don't know how to connect to a MikrotiK router via web application b. If some how i can access to the MikrotiK router using router IP address , I don't know how to create new IP address on that router database c. how to manage bandwidth via web application d. how to block / lock ip address !

WeWiNet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Mikrotik Router Management via Web App

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:03 pm

its all there already... user manager!
WeWiNet

MTCNA
hapac2, map, hap-lite, ltap-mini, RB4011 :-) !!!

Exiver
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Mikrotik Router Management via Web App

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:20 pm

You could check if Mikrotik API is suitable for the commands you want to execute on the router (https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:API). API implementations are out there for at least PHP, Pearl and Python (most likely for more programming languages, just google it).

If that does not fit your needs you could execute commands via SSH on the router - but i would go with the API if possible..